Next / Previous media keys don't work on 3rd Party Keyboard, Play/Pause does work. [MAC]

Solved!

Re: Next / Previous media keys don't work on 3rd Party Keyboard, Play/Pause does work. [MAC]

MelonBlue
Casual Listener

@Swanny: I love how you say « if » instead of « when »…

I also have that problem, by the way. And for some reason, the Karabiner workaround isn’t working for me..Logitech K380. If anyone has an idea, do please tell me :)

€: I just realised.. this thread was created before a new Mac subforum was created, so maybe a mod could move it?

Solution! 4 people liked this

Re: Next / Previous media keys don't work on 3rd Party Keyboard, Play/Pause does work. [MAC]

martijn397
The BeardedSpice app is working great (allthough it does not control my youtube videos)
1 person liked this

MelonBlue
Casual Listener
You’re right! I thought it only worked with Spotify Web, but hurray it also works for the Mac app :) Thanks !

tacho888
Visitor

Thanks, this solution worked for me on a generic wireless apple keyboard

ryyaaaannnnn

I just purchased the Corsair K70 RGB mechanical keyboard, and the Karabiner solution did not work for me.

1 person liked this

CWSpear
http://support.wasdkeyboards.com/customer/portal/articles/1925899-fixing-spotify-media-keys-issue-in... worked for me, too, but I have a Das Pro 4 (for Mac). The hard part is knowing the key codes that will work with Spotify. I'd played around to know the codes for my media keys, so I was fairly confident this would work, and it looks like it did. Should work with any hardware level media keys recognized by ConsumerKeyCode::MUSIC_PREV, etc. I only tried it in a couple other apps, but it looks like it does not break NEXT/PREV.

eagle1maledetto

Saved my day, thank you Sir!

ntk91
Did the trick, das keyboard, macbook pro
SUGGESTED POSTS