Next song starts somewhere in the middle

Re: Next song starts somewhere in the middle

douira
Gig Goer

(sorry for accidentally toggling the solution)

This feature is so badly designed that in many instances, this "feature" looks like a bug. Also, Spotify might notice this problem faster if it's marked/reported as a bug. However, we are still striving for a solution that adds an option to turn it on and off.

kubasvoboda
Casual Listener

@axl_magnum I spoke with my friend who actually liked the feature as you did - as kind of a artificial DJ in playlists. For him it worked pretty well on some playlists/transitions.

So I am not for nuking it straight away, but nevertheless the option should be present for switching it off and on - as the idea for it is described.

axl_magnum
Music Fan

Yes, as I stated yesterday, I think the feature is achieved for some playlist (specifically for the techno ones) but not for all of them, causing the complaint of some users. It would be great having an on/off playlist, as a multigenre listener I also want to be capable of turning it off when I listen to some Lofi (e.g. Jazz Vibes playlist).

tyvahan

Posting another workaround aside from the copying the playlist to make your own version of it:

Adding the playlist to your queue will also disable the autofade. The disadvantage of this method being you can't shuffle it.

Hopefully they give us the option to shut this feature off soon!

SethXRG
Visitor

This sort of under the rug "let's test this and not tell anyone" is why I only get Spotify when it's 1$ or heavily discounted. I'll never support this business model of forcing change on the user without some warning. 

People actually like listening to full tracks without a jarring switch. Isn't that crazy?

SUGGESTED POSTS