Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Dislike Button in Daily Mix

No Dislike Button in Daily Mix

I would love to dislike this song and never hear it again, but there is no "dislike" button on the player at the bottom.  Nor is there a dislike in the menus.

In fact, I often get into lists where I have no ability to dislike a song.

Am I doing something wrong or did they get rid of the ability to dislike songs?

Ray

Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 1.52.33 PM.png
25 Replies

I'm also having this issue! I came here to post my own thread. I really hope they can get this sorted. 😕

Same issue on a Mac desktop too. I have the like button but not the previous options of 'Don't play this song/artist'. Hoping it's a bug because if it was removed that's just silly and totally counterintuitive.

It keeps getting marked as fixed when it isn't.

Hi @rayboston@Ethan-Lee and @tylerjwsmith

This is intended behaviour of Daily Mix. 

The Daily Mixes have been recently limited to 50 songs each and the dislike button has been removed. 

If you want to see that feature back, you're always welcome to submit your Idea here

Why would they do that? I'd like the opportunity to opine.

I want the dislike button back for Daily Mixes! 

I see. Well since daily mix is the only feature I use, and since I can no longer tune it, I guess it's time to cancel my premium subscription and return to just playing MP3s I have in my collection.

@Emilia_8 wrote:

Hi @rayboston@Ethan-Lee and @tylerjwsmith

This is intended behaviour of Daily Mix. 

The Daily Mixes have been recently limited to 50 songs each and the dislike button has been removed. 

If you want to see that feature back, you're always welcome to submit your Idea here

Why would you remove this when a year earlier you were so happy to announce the introduction of it? And with no plausible explanation...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Discover-Weekly-Like-amp-Dislike-Buttons/idi-p/11...

Then you've lost my subscription permanently. The Daily Mix, tuned with
those buttons was all I used. I've moved on to Clementine player and music
files I already own, so I won't be wasting any further money on a
subscription.

No I'm not going to petition for restoration of the feature, I'm just going
to walk away and place Spotify on my "Never again" list.

Hello everyone, 

Thanks for all the responses and your feedback! 

Everyone that's interested, can add their +VOTE on this idea regarding specifically Daily Mix playlist. 

Here's an additional idea requesting to add the don't play this button to all sections. 

More details on how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here

Have a great day! 

@Emilia_8 wrote:

Hello everyone, 

Thanks for all the responses and your feedback! 

Everyone that's interested, can add their +VOTE on this idea regarding specifically Daily Mix playlist. 

Here's an additional idea requesting to add the don't play this button to all sections. 

More details on how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here

Have a great day! 

Hi,

Is there one for Discover Weekly as well?

Hi @iBamse

The Discover Weekly playlists should still have that button, except on the web player. 

If you don't see it on your desktop and mobile app, I'd recommend logging out and back in, restarting your device, and if it doesn't help, you can try the clean reinstall

If you're still not able to see the button, a screenshot would be helpful. 

However, if you're interested to see the don't play this button on web player, you're always welcome to submit an idea for this in the Idea Exchange. 

For more details on how to do it, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

I'm incredibly annoyed since it's always the same with you. You introduce a new feature for later removal for no apparent reason. I've never seen another company make updates that actively delete product features rather than improve them. The same thing happened with the chat, which allowed users to share tunes, and other things I can't recall. If this trend continues, I honestly don't see a future for Spotify.

Hi @xpcdgr

I already replied to your message in a different thread, but I'm going to write here the same think, in case other users are looking for these answers: 

I understand your frustration. I'd like to see the don't play this button back as well. 

I'd recommend adding your +VOTE on this idea to bring it back on Daily Mix playlist. 

Here's an additional idea requesting to add the don't play this button to all sections. 

More details on how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here. As a heads up, the more votes an idea gains, the bigger the possibility Spotify will implement it. If you have any feedback, I'd recommend leaving it in the idea's comment as well. 

If you want to read the statement regarding inbox messaging, you can do that here

Have a great day! 

@Emilia_8 wrote:

Hi @iBamse

The Discover Weekly playlists should still have that button, except on the web player. 

If you don't see it on your desktop and mobile app, I'd recommend logging out and back in, restarting your device, and if it doesn't help, you can try the clean reinstall

If you're still not able to see the button, a screenshot would be helpful. 

However, if you're interested to see the don't play this button on web player, you're always welcome to submit an idea for this in the Idea Exchange. 

For more details on how to do it, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Hi Emilia,

No luck. Still no dislike button in Discover Weekly.

Actually, although I left it over night, offloading the app never fully finished. But I removed the app anyway and reinstalled it.

Please advise. 

IMG_5615.png
IMG_5614.png
IMG_5627.png

Hello @iBamse

Thank you for the screenshots!

Spotify is always testing new things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. For now I can't say if or when any specific features will be back.

If you are unhappy with the changes, the best way to provide your feedback is through the Idea Exchange.

Enjoy your day! 

@emilia_8

What is wrong with you!?!?

First you tell me that the feature is still there for Discover Weekly, and even have me perform a clean install and provide screenshots. And then, when I show you it is really gone, it is like what you previously said is long forgotten. That is not how you treat a paying customer!

That’s it. Sorry. I have been a loyal premium subscriber to your service since you first accepted paying customers. You miserably fail to be even nearly as loyal to me as a customer as I have been to you. Time to take my money elsewhere. 

My guess is...follow the money (spotify saves employee time fixing an issue or by somehow profiting from removing the 'dislike' button) or incompetence (spotify team assigned to this can't figure out how to make it work with something broke)

Either way it is putting user feedback and fluid experience low on the priority list.

It would be great if a Spotify employee could provide more than a generalized PR un-explaination for this.

Suggested posts