Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iMac (late 2006)

Operating System

MacOS 10.7

My Question or Issue

I installed the desktop app and no album cover art is loading in the "album art corner" or on other lists like "albums". When I open a certain album or go to the site of an artist, every cover art or other picture is shown... Otherwise the app works fine. 

I already deleted and reinstalled the the app completely (with a reboot in between). The OS is a clean install, so there should be no problem. And I tried resizing the "art box", which I read here before.

Thanks for the support!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @pankratz,

Sorry for the delay 🙂

Since your OS and Spotify versions seems to be a bit too old, there's no guarantee that the app will work as it should.

I'd recommend checking the system requirements here: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/system_settings/spotify-system-requirements/

Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repeptitiv but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

Also, have you tried the steps from this Spotify Answer to see if that helps?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately the tips didn't work. The cover art is still not shown.

App: 1.0.24.104.g92a22684

Hey @pankratz,

Could you try creating a new user account on your Mac and install Spotify there to see if that helps?

If possible, try updating to a newer macOS version and update Spotify to version 1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f

Let me know how that goes 🙂

@Loxer wrote:

Hey @pankratz,

Could you try creating a new user account on your Mac and install Spotify there to see if that helps?

Unfortunately not, same behavior. Updating is not possible.

Hey @pankratz,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

Could you share a screenshot of your issue?

I'll be right here.

alben2.jpgartist2.jpg

Here you see the problem. When I look at the artist, the pictures are displayed.

Marked as solution

Hey @pankratz,

Sorry for the delay 🙂

Since your OS and Spotify versions seems to be a bit too old, there's no guarantee that the app will work as it should.

I'd recommend checking the system requirements here: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/system_settings/spotify-system-requirements/

Thanks 🙂

Thank you!

Is there an older version I could use for some time?

I still hope that someone can help me. 😉

Suggested posts