Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet connection (error 4)/Local files not loading/"Error in template application" MAC

Solved!

No internet connection (error 4)/Local files not loading/"Error in template application" MAC

I have looked all thought the posts but still cannot find a solution to my Spotify problems.

When I log in, very little loads properly, my local files come up but won't play. No playlists are coming up and an error bar at the top says "No internet connection detected Spotify will automatically try to reconnect when it detects an internet connection. (error code 4)."
In my Library/Inbox/Play Queue/Devices at the top it says: "error in template application - Parse error error in views/Library(or Inbox/play queue etc)._header.xml" Then i scroll down and it says "Description:  problem happened during execution of the request. please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originates in the code" (see the screen shot).

This has been going on for a good month (i've been busy so just hoped it would fix itself), over several wifi connections (home, uni, parents house). My housemate also has spotify and it is working fine on her computer. Everything else is working fine on my computer, internet is nice and fast. So I have no idea what is the problem. I've tried some things:

1. First I restarted my wifi - no change.

2. Then I restarted Spotify - no change.

3. I also restarted my router - no change.

4. then I checked the firewall - has been off the whole time.

5. then I attempted to uninstall Spotify. The "~/Library/Caches/com.spotify.Client
~/Library/Application Support/Spotify" folders that I need to delete are nowhere to be found. I searched through the Caches folder and App support folder and then my whole computer and they are nowhere. So i preceded to delete the Application itself and reinstalled.
But then once reinstalled, the same issues came up.

In the preference box it says the Cache is located in the Cache folder but when I click Browse nothing happens. 

I am operating on a MacBook Pro OS X. 

I would tell you what spotify version I'm using but it came up with a message saying "Error in template application etc" again.

Internet provider is iiNet and I'm in Perth, Austalia.

My username is (according to the top right hand box) ***(edited for security)...? Hah or izzy.***@*** (edited for security).

Heeeellpp

Screen Shot 2013-07-01 at 11.31.56AM.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

PROBLEM FIXED , JUST LOG OUT AND LOGIN WITH FACEBOOK ^_-

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I had the same problem and found that one of my devices (Iphone) was still signed on to Spotify.  When I logged out on my phone I tried right away to log in on my Mac and it went right through.  No problems anymore.  That might explain why some other people had no problems when they logged in with another users information?  They might have a device still logged in and it prevents them from logging in again with another device.

View solution in original post

48 Replies

Hey! I'm having the exact same problem. 

Did it work out in the end? If it did could you please tell me how you fixed it? 

Thanks!! 

Hey,
It did! I signed out and then signed in on a friends account and it loaded up fine without any errors. Also worked fine when I signed back into mine. 
Very strange because simply logging out did nothing to fix it! 

Logging in with someone elses credentials probably has the same effect as deleting the cache, so this may be worth trying.

I have exactly the same trouble, and I can't even find the cache files for Spotify on my Mac. What to do?

Skjermbilde 2013-07-20 kl. 17.59.56.png

And it is not possible to login with someone else's login as the Spotify application is closed whenevere I try to logout of the program.

I'm having the same problem, checked firewall, logged off, shut down computer  etc   still error 4  "no internet connection!!!  help!!   

I have tried everything possible.. same probably been going on for about 6 hrs now.

@erickarb - Have you tried a clean reinstallating following the steps here? Make sure you manually delete any folders specified.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

thanks for your reply,  no, I haven't   will I loose my starred list if I do ?   

No, all of your content will be saved on Spotify's servers. The only thing you will loose is offline stored playlists if you have premium.

Peter

Ohhhhh  Yeyyyyyyyyy!!!!     that makes me so happy!!!   thank you!!   I will try that and report back !!  

Peter!!!  thank uuuuuuuu!!!!!  it worked!!!  it's back!!!!!    sooo happy!!!!!   

Good! Enjoy your weekend! 🙂

Peter

i also have error code 4 problems,although i am on windows7,

i have checked all the obvious obstacles, have checked firewall, restarted, uninstalled, re-installed, but as yet, no luck.

is there anything you can suggest for me?

When exactly does the error occur @peedee-boy ? 

Peter

thanx for the quick response, but i appear to have sorted the problem (so far anyway!)

it was Norton that was not allowing spotify traffic, which i have now rectified.

Peace.

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if someone could help me out. I have just purchased premium and wanted to sync offline with my phone. I'v changed Spotify to offline on both my PC and phone to start the sync. The sync starts and will load approx. 10 songs before it just stops. Spotify on my PC will then get the error code: 4 notification yet I am still connected to the internet. I've tried logging in and out, closing the app, you name it, yet the problem keeps occuring..

I am experiencing connection problems with my Spotify App on my Mac. I do have internet connection but the App doesn't seem to pick it up and gives me an "Error Code 4".

@peter, is there anything that I can do to solve the problem, please? I have already reinstalled the Spotify App.

I am looking forward to your response!

Cheers, Edward

Since yesterday I have the same problem, can't connect with my MacBook, iPhone and iPad when I'm on the wifi at home. 4G doesn't give any problems and at work (Windows PC) it works. 

I've resetted my router, opened up all spotify ports and IP's but still nothing... 

Really wierd because I haven't changed a thing but it just stopped working yesterday.

Suggested posts