Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No more Spotify APPS

Solved!

No more Spotify APPS

Hey,

why there are no more Spotify Apps (like LAZIFY, MUSICMATCH) after the update? Where I can get the apps?

There were useful tools to create nice playlists.

please help.

44 Replies

I used the Pitchfork app daily, it was the best way to find new interesting music that I have ever come across. So, does anybody know if there is other Pitchfork apps out there for other music services? F*ck this spotify crap.

Ok, I understand now that the apps are replaced by "web apps", meaning that it is up to each provider to integrate spotify into their website. And Pitchfork already does that, it is just not as convenient as the app was. I guess I can only blame Pitchfork for that.

i just upgrade to Premium and now this??, i really like the apps, i'll downgrade my account, so sorry

I've been a Premium subscriber since 2011-11-12. And I say that in the past tense, because it is past tense as of now. Cancelling premium subscription thanks to this and many other smaller crappy ideas that have been brought over in the last two updates. It was fun while it lasted, keep catering to your mobile users if that is what you prefer, but you slowly lose your desktop users like this.

Truly dissapointing.

I'd like to have the apps back.

Don't worry! We released a mobile app a few months ago 🙂 You can still use Lazify on iOS or Android. visit lazify.nl

Creativity, innovation and love just a lasso's throw away.

And there is also GOOD news coming from streaming-music-land: http://3voor12.vpro.nl/nieuws/2015/maart/tidal-jay-z-streaming.html

Now also the other irritating factor of artists seeing the last remaining dimes that the big mobuls leave them for their music after they've paid themselves big salaries can be dealt with...

I think I'm gonna cancel mine too. I loved the Pitchfork and KCRW apps...
😞

Hello,

I am really disappointed too. Of course still can find musicmatch thru Lyrics but what about the other great apps (eg liked the jukebox)? Hope Spotify management does care this issue and will at least provide some explanations and consider restoring this great functionality. Deliberately sacrifying a competitive advantage is still a mistery for me. If no change will consider cancellation suscription

Hello,

I am really disappointed too. Of course still can find musicmatch thru Lyrics but what about the other great apps (eg liked the jukebox)? Hope Spotify management does care this issue and will at least provide some explanations and consider restoring this great functionality. Deliberately sacrifying a competitive advantage is still a mistery for me. If no change will consider cancellation suscription

...what if I told you my main usage of spotify and lizify (a wonderful app!) was on desktop...

@KAPOOOW wrote:

Don't worry! We released a mobile app a few months ago 🙂 You can still use Lazify on iOS or Android. visit lazify.nl

yeah thanks but no thanks. It was an app in Spotify available whenever, now it is a separate app to install on your device, and it also costs money now too. Only $0.99 but still, it existed for free in Spotify until all apps got yanked away. Yeah I'll pass.

This is awful. Considering leaving spotify. Can we get a reason why this was done? 

not notifying all the users (or at least the paying users) in advance about this major change it's really hard to understand - not exactly trust building behavior.

Well actually I have been somehow forced to quit after several years with
spotify unlimited (5€/month). Changed credit card and the only possible
choice is premium. Too bad too expensive, and a big FAN from the early days
leaves

Very bad moving from you Spotify and a lack of respect for your clients, you can't give a lot of (useful and wanted) options to us and then give them away just... why? we don't know. We want them back!!

Absolutely unacceptable.

Hi, Complete technology idiot here.  Any idea how to get a mac version?  It keeps coming up with window not supported.

Thanks!

Why would I use app on Android? I dont use my phone for music, I WANT apps back on my COMPUTER!

Suggested posts