Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Noobb question, following artists

Noobb question, following artists

Hi,

I have never really used spotify before but am looking to start using it properly and have signed up for a premium account.

I have over 100000 songs on my PC and the same songs on my phone. I know the apps can play local files but is there a way to automatically follow all or some artists i have locally?

If I do manage to get all my faviorite artists follwed is there a way i can play them on shuffle without having to create playlists\\'

Thanks

6 Replies

Hello there and welcome to the community,

1 - There is a limit of 10000 songs for your local files

2 - The ability to follow automatically artists from your local files doesn't exist on Spotify. You can follow artists streamed from Spotify library.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It was spotify telling me i had over 10000 songs but it had every song listed 3 times so my libary is acrually closer to 4000 so thats not an

issue?

Where is my spotify library? Do you mean if i listen to an artist in spotigy from my local files that artist will be shown somewhere for me to follow?

Thanks for your help

4000 songs is good 🙂

The Spotify library is the 20 millions + songs that you can listen directly from Spotify.

Your local files is something different. The program gives you the ability to listen them through Spotify, but you can't follow the artist automatically from your local files.

SoundofusSpotify Star

My goals for spotify to start recomending me music from the artists i like. So will I have to start listening to my favourite artists by finding them through spotify rather than my local files for it to pick up on what i like?

My local files are still duplicated eventhought i only have music from one location being tracked

1 - Yes, recommendations will be based on what you listen through Spotify library.

2 - Make sure that your local files are all in a unique folder by source.

SoundofusSpotify Star

1. Will do thanks

2. I have 1 Music folder Which has muliple folders with artists names and each one of them has albums names with songs inside

Suggested posts