Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not All of an Artist Songs Appear Under Their Name in My Music

Not All of an Artist Songs Appear Under Their Name in My Music

I have been trying to add my music from my playlist to My Music. However, not all of the songs are appearing under the artist even after it says it has been added. For example, I have the Artist 3 Doors Down, I add all of the 5 songs I have from that artist to My Music, but the Songs Kryptonite is not appearing under the Artist 3 Doors Down in My Music, however all of the other 4 songs are, and it says Kryptonite was added to my music. This is like this for multiple artist. Does anyone know a fix?

Screen Shot 2014-05-03 at 6.15.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-05-03 at 6.15.22 AM.png
8 Replies

I think this might be down to the fact that "Modern Rock Number.." the album that Kyptonite is on won't have 3 Doors Down listed as the artist for the album since it has quite a few artists in it, the track is probably under "Various" in Your Music.

Try adding it from 3 Doors Down's own album:
http://open.spotify.com/track/5ZPp1V3PufN6qhAe3rLNmb

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Okay, but what about for all of my other Artist. For Example The Academy Is I have 19 songs but only 9 show up in My Music. It just seems like it's like this for almost every artist Screen Shot 2014-05-03 at 6.42.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-03 at 6.42.14 AM.png

Where you adding a large number of tracks (500+) into Your Music when importing? If so, it looks like you may be seeing this bug:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Desktop-Adding-Large-Number-of-Tracks-breaks-Your-Music/td-p/76...

If you restart the client (File > Exit) and relaunch, do all of the tracks still show up with ticks in your playlists? 

Peter

At first yes, I added well over 500 songs. However, I have now quit and restarted Spotify, removed all of the songs by The Academy Is, and added them back with the same results. Only 9 of them show up

This is very confusing for me. Here is another example;

Under 'My Music' in the 'Artist' section the song 'One More Weekend' DOES NOT show up in the 'The Academy is' folder.

However,

Under 'My Music' in the 'Songs' section the song 'One More Weekend' DOES show up and it says the artist is 'The Academy is'.

I just don't understand what the problem is. It is like this for so many artist. It's not just a few. I have 19 songs by 'The Academy is' and only 9 show up under 'My Music' > 'Artist' > The Academy is'

Any ideas?

Weird, is it possible to grab a screenshot and/or a link to the track that doesn't appear?

Peter

Here are 3 pictures.

The first and second picture is my own playlist that I made and it shows a list of songs by 'The Academy Is'

The third picture shows what artist I see when I click 'My Music' > 'Artist' > 'The Academy Is'

This picture (the third) shows what I am having a problem with.

Not all of the songs are appearing under the artist in 'My Music'. It clearly shows only 9 songs when I have a total of 19 by 'The Academy Is' 

Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 8.16.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 8.11.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 8.11.04 PM.png

For whatever reason, this is happening because the artist (and in your playlist) has two different artist names:

The Academy Is...

The Academy Is

That is something the Spotify team will need to correct if you let them know over on this topic

Peter

Suggested posts