Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Macbook 2012

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I cannot manually rearrange the order of my tracks in a playlist. I can drag it to a new location, but it will not stay there. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello, 

Although the previous answer might solve your problem, I recommend you double check one thing before doing the reset:

On the playlists in which the sorting problem is present, click a row above the song list (title, for example) until the green arrow dissapears.

This puts the playlist sort setting into "custom", which let's you change the order of tracks as you wish.

I hope this solves your Problem.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Update, I have 5 playlists, can manually rearrange tracks in two of them and not in the three others. I cannot see any difference in any of the settings for them. I have reinstalled the app and signed in and out multiple times. Help.....

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. Also, have you tried with another account  to see if that makes a difference? I'd also recommend creating another user account in your Mac and install Spotify there 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Marked as solution

Hello, 

Although the previous answer might solve your problem, I recommend you double check one thing before doing the reset:

On the playlists in which the sorting problem is present, click a row above the song list (title, for example) until the green arrow dissapears.

This puts the playlist sort setting into "custom", which let's you change the order of tracks as you wish.

I hope this solves your Problem.

Regards

This worked for me - thank you so much!

I’m glad I could be of assistance.
If my post solved your problem, please mark it as an answer.
Thanks and regards.

Suggested posts