Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not all local files showing up on iMac app.

Solved!

Not all local files showing up on iMac app.

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

When I bring up local files, they end at the letter 'J'.  In my case, the last file that shows up is a John Hiatt song.   How do I see the rest of them so I can add some to a personal Spotify playlist?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @guavaman55,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Can you kindly try a clean reinstall on the App? Can you also logging out and back in? Can you also tell me if your local files show up on the other devices?

Meanwhile, I have found some links that might help you. To see them please click here, here, and here.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes. Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @guavaman55,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Can you kindly try a clean reinstall on the App? Can you also logging out and back in? Can you also tell me if your local files show up on the other devices?

Meanwhile, I have found some links that might help you. To see them please click here, here, and here.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes. Thanks!

I tried the third solution.   I told Spotify not to access all folders it had previously been using (iTunes, for example) and created a new folder on my iMac called "Spotify."  I clicked on Add a Source and navigated to the "Spotify" folder.  All songs in there are now playable in Spotify.  I'm sure your first solution would have worked, but not worth the effort on my part for what I want to do.  In the future, I'll put any local files I want to play in that folder.

Suggested posts