Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not scrobbling to facebook

Not scrobbling to facebook

Since just over 1 month,none of my spotify listening activity is being published to facebook anymore

Using windows store version of spotify on windows 10 creators update

Nothing changed on my end

Uninstalled,reinstalled,disconnected from facebook,reconnected to facebook and no change

13 Replies

I was searching for this exact issue.

It seems kind of dumb to notice that my "Recent top music" on Facebook, that I know some of my friends look for new discoveries etc., hasn't been updated since I don't know when. From their perspective it may seem I'm stuck on replay. So what's going on? Could someone from Spotify or Facebook please clarify this issue? I don't much appreciate a wrong music listening character of myself being portrayed on Facebook...

I just downloaded and tried Deezer – and it does scrobble to Facebook. Unlike tracks listened on Spotify, tracks listened on Deezer immediately show up on my Facebook activity log and thus I would assume they will be sooner or later registered to my Facebook as Recent top music.

If this issue isn't fixed by the end of November, when my next payment of Spotify would occur, I will change platforms. I would really like to continue my subscription that I've had for several years. Deezer was just one I tried, I might try Apple Music as well before deciding what to go for.

Thanks for this info,at least we know now that its an issue with spotify and facebook isnt blocking scrobbling from other services

But i think like you,a lot of people are starting to jump ship because of the constant issues with spotify

Just realised its not just windows that has the problem

Android app faces the same issue and nothing is published to facebook

Maybe the api is at fault?

Hey folks!

I understand your frustration. Spotify stopped sending listening activity data to Facebook. This means that your listening activity will no longer show on your Activity Log on Facebook. I'll be sure to pass on your feedback on this to the right folks. If there's anything else, feel free to give me a shout.

Hope you're having a great day!

Huib

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

**bleep**!!?

I know they got rid of this feature on the web player but can you show me where they did it from their apps aswell?

If spotify are going to constantly take features away then why the **bleep** dont they publish changelogs so that people dont waste their time posting on this forum and searching the internet for answers to questions everytime something gets screwed up,when in fact its spotify that is doing the screwing

They first take away the ability to share songs from within spotify and tell us to use other social media and then they take away part of that social media aspect that allowed us to share with other friends what we are listing too?

What is the point in being "connected to facebook" now ?

And can you provide me with links to this information please,thanks

Absolute joke by the clowns in charge yet again

Thanks for deleting my post

I asked if you can give me a link to this information

Thanks and will you restore my post please

In fact dont bother,im out of here

Hey @unclesilas!

There have been some recent spam attacks, so the spam filter on the Community has been kicked up a notch. It might have happened that your post was removed by accident. I'll definitely pass this on to the right folks. Also, I don't have any more information about this. But if you've got questions, feel free to let me know! 🙂

Have an awesome day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @unclesilas!

As mentioned by @Hubo, it looks like your post was accidently caught by our Spam filter.

Don't worry, we've restored that for you now! We're really sorry about this.

We hope this helps, and let us know how things are looking with the post for you now.

With regards to no longer sending listening activity data to Facebook, we'll pass your feedback on. 

You can still share to Facebook in other ways, and we have some more info here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_basics/using-spotify-with-facebook/  and here: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/the_basics/sharing-music/

If you're looking for a way to track your own listening however, and used to do this via the feature, we'd recommend checking out last.fm https://support.spotify.com/uk/using_spotify/app_integrations/scrobble-to-last-fm/

Thanks again for the feedback, and let us know if there's anything else

All the best,

/M

Okay, thanks, good to know. I might be back if I hear through the grapewine that the feature returns, but as it is, I'm going for either Deezer or Apple Music or Google Play Music at the end of November. Will have to test run all the three to make my decision. Was a nice few years.

Yes, I've been wondering about this as well. Seems kind of odd that this seemingly simple feature would be disabled and as other people have mentioned, it would be really nice if Spotify would notify people when they make changes like this. Missed about 6 weeks of plays being recorded before realizing, thanks to this thread, that I need to set up a Last.fm account. What would be really nice is if Spotify would just have a way to export/download/view my own listening history... 

Does Deezer show up in the 'Song's you have listened to' section of Facebook. If so, I will change over. I only just noticed that Spotify had stopped working with fb since September 2017 😞 

[deleted]

Suggested posts