Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Nothing is working!

Nothing is working!

• Plan: Premium
  • Device: Macbook
  • My Question or Issue: I've tried restarting the app, using the web player, logging-out and back in, deleting and reinstalling Spotify and I STILL can't use Spotify, the "Browse" page just says: "There was a problem displaying this page! This page either does not exist or an error occurred." while "Home" page just reads "Please try again later." PLEASE HELP! I can't even use Spotify on my cell phone but my WiFi is working fine 😞 

5 Replies

I have this exact issue too on my mac. Both Home and Browse pages show the same message.

I've also tried deleting the caches, re-installing etc with no luck

Hey @emily_tynan and @rjwalker1972,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you try removing all Spotify entries from your host file? Here's how you can do this:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return.
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop. 
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit .
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address.
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that works. Let us know if it doesn't or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

the host file is locked by default and when I drag it to the desktop, a duplicate is created. How do I edit the original?

It seemed to resolve itself the next day

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

@rjwalker1972: Glad to hear that all's working as it should once more 🙂 Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

@sx5: If you're having troubles accessing and editing your device's original Hosts file, it might be a good idea reaching out to your device's manufacturer for more help regarding this.

@emily_tynan: Are you still experiencing this? If so, since you mention this is happening on both the desktop and mobile app, we'd recommend giving it another try using a different internet connection on both devices. 

If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.

Let us know you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts