Now playing showing in menu bar

Solved!

Re: Now playing showing in menu bar

vlipper

@phaedrixSmashTunes works great! ( That's an obvious remark, since I'm the author of it ;) )

SmashTunes is named SmashTunes, because I created it before Spotify even existed. Its main purpose is to show the current playing track in the menu bar, but offers other options as well, like keyboard shortcuts, skipping tracks, etc. It offers some extra features with repect to iTunes, because iTunes is more "open" to 3rd party devs.

When you both use Spotify and iTunes, it automatically pauses Spotify when you start iTunes and vice versa.

It is not free. I ask a small fee to make up for the effort I put into it and to cover the App Store costs.

See http://www.smashbits.nl/smashtunes

nicpro85

I was close to build one myself. I was wondering how to access spotify data.... 

vjpr

Thanks mate! Just downloaded Statusfy and works perfectly.

fenixuser

@paulyoung wrote:

I couldn't find a good solution for my needs so I wrote a little Mac app called Statusfy.

Awesome! This is exactly what i had been searching for. Thanks a lot!

I added the LSUIElement Tag to the info.plist file in your app, so Statusfy runs without a dock icon.

Highlighted

cardwizard
Casual Listener

This is great !! thanks so much

After upgrading to the Spotify beta this doesn't work anymore

Solution!

mborgerson

I was also frustrated by having to open Spotify to see what's playing, so I built an app. This app lets you control the player, and it also works with iTunes. Instead of showing the text in the menu bar itself, it shows it in a popover window when you click. Click the track artwork to open the main Spotify GUI. Download for free at https://mborgerson.com/trayplay/. It's also open-source, if you're into that sort of thing. 

View solution in original post

lesaff

Perfect, thanks for sharing it. 

- would be great if you could add an item to be able to 'like' if playing a radio playlist, but besides, thanks.

Rechain
Casual Listener

Regarding Statusfy, is it possible to hide the icon in the dock when used?? Thanks, nice little tweak :D

paranoidpedro
Casual Listener

I'd also like to know if there's a way to hide Statusfy from the Dock while in use.

Thanks for the app! :)

Solution!

cardwizard
Casual Listener
SUGGESTED POSTS