Premium

Country

Canada

Device

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

Operating System

Catalina: 10.15.3 (19D76)

My Question or Issue

I am trying to use the OR function in a search by using artist:"artist 1" OR "artist 2" and once I type in OR it seems to only search local files and only for the "artist 2" part. What I expect is music from either artist 1 or artist 2. It does not bring back results. I've tried all kinds of variations on the format of the search.

2 Replies

Hey there @ScottRD65

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your MacBook? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's search features. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Occurs on all devices so not sure clean install is going to help. I have 3 different Macs all with same issue.

Suggested posts