Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[OS X] Can't stop Spotify from auto-launching, setting doesn't save

[OS X] Can't stop Spotify from auto-launching, setting doesn't save

I'm running OS X 10.10.3 and Spotify 1.0.3.101.gbfa97dfe. Spotify won't stop auto launching. When I go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Open Spotify Automatically...> switch from Minimized to No. I don't see a 'save' button anywhere but when I quit and re-launch Settings, it switches back to Minimized. What's going on!?!?

3 Replies

Bueller? Is nobody else hitting this?

Same problem here. Whenever I launch Spotify it ALWAYS sets itself to open automatically. I go to Preferences > Advanced > Open Spotify automatically and turn it OFF. As soon as I quit and reopen Spotify, it turns itself back on. I'm running the current version 1.0.5.178.g885b099b. I even thought it may be some other software conflicting, so I did a full format and reinstall of the Hard Drive / OS. With a fresh install, no other programs on the machine, I installed Spotify. Same problem. 

Mac? System Prefs>Users>Login Items (or "Startup Items"). You are now looking at a list of things that WILL open upon startup. Select Spotify and DELETE IT FROM THE LIST BY CLICKING THE MINUS BUTTON. Don't bother unchecking the box to the left of the word Spotify, that will only hide it after it opens, which you do not care about.

Suggested posts