Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

OSX Annoyances - Searches, Select All Artist Pages, CPU use,

Solved!

OSX Annoyances - Searches, Select All Artist Pages, CPU use,

These have been touched on in some other threads but no one seems to have them all in one place. Sorry if there's another post like this (search didn't reveal one D:).

Since updating Spotify, I have been unable to search artist pages for specific songs via CMD+F. I frequently used this feature to see different versions of the same song (live vs studio etc.) so it's somewhat inconvenient that this has stopped working.

Additionally, I am unable to select all songs on an artist's page anymore via CMD+A. I have a playlist that has everything an artist has done and I weed a few of the duplicates out. Perhaps there's a better way to do this but that's my workflow for now. Anyway, still inconvenient that I have to hold shift and down arrow to select all, particularly when the artist has almost 4000 tracks.

CPU use is also crazy now. I've noticed this on previous versions as well and I'm not sure how to begin troubleshooting it. It happens regardless of what songs are playing or if there's even any music being played at all.

I'm running OSX 10.8.2 and Spotify 0.9.0.128. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The filter function was not implemented on the new artist/album pages when they where added to the client. There are two main topics to read up on that issue, the main ideas topic and this one asking for feedback

As for your other issues, hopefully they will be fixed soon! There have been a few topics about Mac CPU usage being high but no "main thread". You can add any feedback you have about the v0.9.0 release to this topic

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The filter function was not implemented on the new artist/album pages when they where added to the client. There are two main topics to read up on that issue, the main ideas topic and this one asking for feedback

As for your other issues, hopefully they will be fixed soon! There have been a few topics about Mac CPU usage being high but no "main thread". You can add any feedback you have about the v0.9.0 release to this topic

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! For whatever reason those didn't show up in my search :x. I'll add my two cents to them since those were 50% of my Spotify experience.

Suggested posts