Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[OSX] [Desktop] Spotify does not close and constantly reopens

[OSX] [Desktop] Spotify does not close and constantly reopens

Description
Desktop Spotify Client Constantly Reopens and cannot permanently close

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. Opened Spotify (technically, it was already open)
  2. Then I 'Quit' Spotify
  3. I noticed Spotify restarted itself, minimized in the tray, w/o my own action.
  4. I then went into settings and where it says 'Open Spotify Automatically after logging into the computer' - I changed the selection from 'Minimized' to 'No' in the dropdown
  5. I closed Spotify. 
  6. Spotify restarted itself, again. 
  7. I returned into the settings/preferences, and noticed 'Open Spotify Automatically after logging into the computer' - the selection was returned to 'Minimized' <-- setting wasn't saved
  8. I closed Spotify
  9. Spotify restarted itself , again.
  10. I closed Spotify, cleared the cache files and uninstalled Spotify. 
  11. I confirmed the deletion of the cache files (as described on community.spotify.com)
  12. Reinstalled Spotify, and found everything above to be reproducible (it still won't completely close)

What I expected to happen
Spotify would stay closed.

What actually happened
Spotify reopens

My Operating System
Yosemite 10.10.2

My Spotify version

My internet provider and country
USA Verizon

My username
JimNaylor

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

2 Replies

I'm having the same problem. It's so bad that that Spotify doesn't even play through 1 minute of a song without crashing and reopening. 

OSX 10.11.6 on a MacBook Pro

Spotify version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpebis1e7gxzxw5/Screenshot%202016-11-21%2010.36.42.png?dl=0

I took a video. You can see the Spotify app icon reopen randomly and the app opens offscreen. 

http://screencast.com/t/lRQQr1iHBFMa

I deleted Spotify and re-downloaded the installer. Not sure if it's just luck but the problem seems to be resolved. 

Suggested posts