Announcements
Hey! It looks like all’s running smoothly again! Check here for what to do if you're still having trouble.

Offline (error code 4)

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Offline (error code 4)

Community Legend

Hey guys, I've flagged this error with the Spotify staff. Will update when I have more info.

EDIT: can anyone who's having this issue please try a clean reinstall first, and report back if you are still having issues.

If you could also post info on what OS you are using, and if you are using a proxy or not, that would be appreciated. Thanks!

Highlighted

Music Fan

Clean reinstall fixed the offline issue, but my account appears only as facebook ID not name after logging in.

Highlighted

Hi,

Right now I'm having this issue as well, and a clean install didn't help.

Highlighted

image.jpg
Highlighted

hi there,

so some how when i disable my norton firewall, spotify works again. normally i have my firewall up, but it requires me to disable it to access spotify. please help so that i dont have to disable my firewall. 

thanks 

Highlighted

tried clean reinstall and still did not work.

osx yosemite 10.10.3 and no idea what a proxy is.

please help 😞

Highlighted

If you have McAfee on your computer, remove it and use a different firewall. 

McAfee was the reason it wasn't working on mine. 

Silly McAfee 

Highlighted

Mime is the same. OSX Yosemite. Deleted and reinstalled. Nothing. Pretty **bleep** for something I pay premium for.

Regular

I've tried the web player of Spotify, it does not work either. However, Google play music works fine. So if it is network firewall or setting issue, apparently Google play music is not stopped by whatsoever from my network configuration.

Highlighted

I have the same problem.

When i reinstalled spotify, the same error occurred over and over again.

But when i pressed "play" the music suddenly started playing! 

Sow if everything did not work, try and press play.... If spotify  still does not work, keep trying, don't be frustrated and keep on smiling.

SUGGESTED POSTS