Announcements

Offline (error code 4)

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Offline (error code 4)

Regular

That worked for me a couple times, but far from every time.

The amazing part is that users for googleplay music or deezer (french app) do not have such issue. So what takes Spotify to keep this annoying issue lasting for so long?! 

I have to use youtube to listen to music now at my office. It is NOT PRACTICAL AT ALL, especially when I am paying Spofity, not Youtube, for music.

Highlighted

Having the same problem. I do not use any firewall wahtsoever. Have tried to reinstall completely, and it still doesn't work.

Would be nice if the Spotify staff could try to help.

Thanks.

Same problem here, spotify has been working fine for as long as i've had it, but suddenly this offline error won't stop. it wasn't even a "oh it booted up and this happened" the error occured in the middle of a song!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Having the exact same problem. Check firewall, reinstalled and tried everything but still it won't work.

However, on my mobile phone the app works fine..

HELP!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I've had this problem for months now, strangely when I signed up for premium. I've done everything; uninstalled, changed sound quality, turned off my firewall... I can't see why it's having this issue when it works fine on my iPad 95% of the time. My internet is slightly unreliable recently but it still can stream whole movies, video chat, watch YouTube and download stuff off iTunes just fine, so why can't I stream Spotify? 

Need a solution ASAP, or I'll just cancel premium.

Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener

I've had this same issue on two different networks, but I was able to fix it. For me, Spotify wasn't resolving through the DNS, so switching from your ISP's to Google DNS or OpenDNS fixed the problem for me.

For Windows:

1. Right click on your network in the bottom right corner and click "Open Network and Sharing Center
  2. Under "Connections", click on your primary connection (either Wi-Fi or Ethernet)
  3. In the bottom-left of the popup window click on "Properties", then double-click on "Internet Protocol Version 4"
  4. Select the circle 'Use the following DNS server addresses"
  5. Input these numbers in the boxes
    Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8
    Alternate DNS server: 8.8.4.4
  6. Press "Ok" to confirm

For Mac:

• Click Apple > System Preferences > Network.
  • If the lock icon in the lower left-hand corner of the window is locked, click the icon to make changes, and when prompted to authenticate, enter your password.
  • Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
    • To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, select Built-In Ethernet, and click Advanced.
    • To change the settings for a wireless connection, select Airport, and click Advanced.
  • Select the DNS tab.
  • Click + to replace any listed addresses with, or add, the Google IP addresses at the top of the list:
    • For IPv4: 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4.
  • Click Apply > OK

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Regular

I am trying to listen to Spotify at work (it is allowed). But by doing the change you mentioned, I lost totally internet connection. Guess the company connection policy does not allow that setting. Thanks anyway.

Highlighted

Regular

Does Spotify care about anything beside losing Tyalor and Adele?! Customers are just as important as singer, if not more important. We paid!

Technicially, google music and Deezer solved this issue. I do not see why Spotify let this bother us for years!

We are not all technicien and can't try doing so many tricks just to be able to use Spotify's services. Moreoever, isn't Spotify supposed to make listening to music an easy joy?

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hey I'm having this problem as well now. I tried to do what KoNaBoYo912's said but I don't see an Airport option anywhere. I'm guessing that it's changed with OSX 10.10. Can anybody help me with this? It's really frustrating that I can't use Spotify on my computer even though I'm paying for it, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Highlighted

Betreff: Offline (error code 4)

Regular

I can't verify my solution, bit it's working: after Windows 10 Update I updated my audio drivers (Lenovo Laptop).

--
Yes Sir I can boogie. But I need a certain song. - Quidquid agis, prudenter agas et respice finem.
Thomas Kohler
SUGGESTED POSTS