Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Offline (error code 4)

Solved!

Re: Offline (error code 4)

Casual Listener

This worked for me as well, also on corporate computer & network.

I did the same thing but didn't work! 😞

uninstall and install it work for me !

Casual Listener

just like everyone else, my spotify application in PC is not working with eror code 4 (no internet connection).

i have tried log in with facebook, uninstall reinstall, reinstall without uninstall, HTTP as proxy, even i tried everything as a proxy and still not working. and now i cant even logged in because no internet connection so i have to use my iOS application.

as i am logged in with my office PC with office network, i have tried to disable spotify from firewall but it was not allowed (dont know why).

i have asked IT support in my office and they said spotify is allowed so it shouldn't be a problem for me to log in from spotify application.

i could open any other application and website without problem, and my internet connection is stable.

Casual Listener
Ditched Spotify Premium last month in frustration. No longer worth the £9.99
!!

Casual Listener

not for me 😕

Solution!

Casual Listener

General compatibility error with NOD32 anti-viruses. If you uninstall NOD32, you will have no issues at all. Solved my struggling of 3 months. shame, so easy yet annoying. (sadly its not enough if you add spotify to the exception list of nod32)

View solution in original post

For some reason I had to do this twice, but then it worked.  Thanks!

@n1njo wrote:

This worked for me 🙂

It is a pretty annoying fix though, so I kept searching and found a different solution:

Go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Proxy

Change from "Auto Detect" to "HTTP".  You don't need to fill out the Host/Port/Username/Password fields.

Click "Update Proxy".

This worked for me (I'm using a corporate computer on a corporate network), but others in the other forum didn't see any success...

This bug annoys me since a lot of time. This is a definitive solution for me and works perfectly. Great! Thank you soooooo much.

Dear Spotify community,

I have been facing the same issue (error code 4 and error code 7) over and over again and the problem still persists. I have been clean reinstalling Spotify for few times, it worked well right after I reinstalled it, but the problem recurs after I close Spotify and open it again.

There are lots of solution proposed by the community but it did not work for me tos solve the problem forever. Could Spotify figure out a solution for this? It is very frustrating to keep facing the same issues and had to spend time "repairing" on product that I have paid for.

Thanks!

SUGGESTED POSTS