Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Offline (error code 4)

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Offline (error code 4)

Regular

None of the suggested solutions are working for me. I guess I'll just unsub until it works again.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Just what I did about 2 months ago - Can't believe that there's no direct
support from Spotify, and apparently no desire to resolve the issue. I'm
amazed customers aren't leaving in droves !!

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Just what I did about 2 months ago - Can't believe that there's no direct
support from Spotify, and apparently no desire to resolve the issue. I'm
amazed customers aren't leaving in droves !!

Highlighted

it worked fo me! 

thanks for sharing.

Highlighted

I am running OS X El Capitan on my Mac and I have a simular issue. When I start Spotify it will run for a few minutes and then it looks like my complete internet connection is not working anymore. I will still see the wifi bars and it looks like I have internet but NOTHING is working: spotify will stop and I can not browse on internet. When I stop spotify, shut down the wifi and restart the wifi everything works again. When I start Spotify again, same problems occure. Anyone??

I don't expect anyone will get this far reading this thread, but I was able to resolve the persistent error code 4 issue by uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify (Windows 7 PC).

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I'm having this issue now, and none of the suggestions helped. I also am unable to access the Spotify website on my laptop, so I can't even log in and out....
Highlighted

Casual Listener

help me!!

I am really not computer skilled, i have a macpro from 2010 and i dont know really anything about technicalities. 

My spotifiy suddenly says offline and i tried slowly to read really what everyone write befoore me and i did everything it took me a while but i tried everything.

Still nothing.

Spotify really means a lot to me cause when i sit and study many hours it helps me so im very sad now that its not working.

It works on the phone but i cant choose songs on it only shuffle mode.

I dont have any firewall, and i am definitely online. I have tried the HTTPs mode and also to log in both via FB and regular.

I have version 10.6.8 of mac and im afraid now to start changing things cause im in the middle of thesis and i need things to just work like they do without changes.

Spotify until today was ok but now its not working.

Can some kind soul please help me maybe some trick i missed?

Thank you!!

May

Highlighted

Casual Listener

ONE more thing! I just tried logging in with my moms account, and with that Spotify WORKS! SO what do i do she is using it so i cant just take it, but this means its nothing to do with the computer settings but something with the account, right? But what?

Highlighted

my spotify will still not connect to the internet even after following the steps provided. i don't know what i can do and when i try to reinstall it while downloading it says failed to download, retrying then times out. i never had any problem with it until a couple of days ago when it didn't connect to the internet at school, as i though they just blocked it but when i came home it still didnt work.

SUGGESTED POSTS