Announcements

Offline (error code 4)

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Offline (error code 4)

Casual Listener

Exact same problem... phone works fine, Laptop at work -maybe on occasion it will go online.  Have tried everything suggested and nothing fixes the problem.  Getting very tired of this and about to cancel it alltogether.

Highlighted

It didnt work for me, I did it once and it still said 'Errorcode:4' So then I did it a second time and it still didnt work.

Highlighted

this worked for me!! thank you so much for taking the time to share this

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I tryed it, but I can still only hear songs I have downloaded. (Still error code 4). Do you know any other methods to fix it? (Edit: It the 8 8 8 8 - 8 8 4 4  Worked, thanks!)

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Thanks the 8 8 8 8 and 8 8 4 4 worked!....so far! 

Highlighted

Spotify worked fine--until...

Casual Listener

I had the free version of Spotify running fine on my Android phone, my desktop (Win 10 Pro x64 with Windows Defender), and my laptop (Win 10 Pro x64 with Norton).  I hadn't used it on the PCs for a while, but it worked fine on the phone.

Then I got a device that could use Spotify Connect, so I upgraded to Spotify Pro.  After that, Spotify stopped working on both PCs. I uninstalled and attempted reinstalling and got Error 53 on both.  Then I opened the Administrator mode in my desktop, and got the same result.  So now that I'm pay8ing for it, I get nothing.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Waste of time!  I am about to leave Spotify.  I love using it mobile, but it is no good at corporate world M-F 8+ hours a day I can't listen to music on my PC as it is saying offline more often than it is playing music. 

Google or Pandora or Amazon, here I come.  I will miss Spotify so much, but won;t miss the hassle.  Oh, and telling 10 friends.

Casual Listener

Thanks worked for me.

Highlighted

After many frustrating trial and errors to fix error code 4, this finally did the trick!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

i have a PC and everything worked until i pressed "ok" on the last step and then something popped saying "the DNS server 8.8.8.8 is not a valid IP address" please help

SUGGESTED POSTS