Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Offline (error code 4)

Solved!

Re: Offline (error code 4)

Casual Listener

Exact same problem... phone works fine, Laptop at work -maybe on occasion it will go online.  Have tried everything suggested and nothing fixes the problem.  Getting very tired of this and about to cancel it alltogether.

It didnt work for me, I did it once and it still said 'Errorcode:4' So then I did it a second time and it still didnt work.

this worked for me!! thank you so much for taking the time to share this

Casual Listener

I tryed it, but I can still only hear songs I have downloaded. (Still error code 4). Do you know any other methods to fix it? (Edit: It the 8 8 8 8 - 8 8 4 4  Worked, thanks!)

Casual Listener

Thanks the 8 8 8 8 and 8 8 4 4 worked!....so far! 

Spotify worked fine--until...

Casual Listener

I had the free version of Spotify running fine on my Android phone, my desktop (Win 10 Pro x64 with Windows Defender), and my laptop (Win 10 Pro x64 with Norton).  I hadn't used it on the PCs for a while, but it worked fine on the phone.

Then I got a device that could use Spotify Connect, so I upgraded to Spotify Pro.  After that, Spotify stopped working on both PCs. I uninstalled and attempted reinstalling and got Error 53 on both.  Then I opened the Administrator mode in my desktop, and got the same result.  So now that I'm pay8ing for it, I get nothing.

Casual Listener

Waste of time!  I am about to leave Spotify.  I love using it mobile, but it is no good at corporate world M-F 8+ hours a day I can't listen to music on my PC as it is saying offline more often than it is playing music. 

Google or Pandora or Amazon, here I come.  I will miss Spotify so much, but won;t miss the hassle.  Oh, and telling 10 friends.

Casual Listener

Thanks worked for me.

After many frustrating trial and errors to fix error code 4, this finally did the trick!

Casual Listener

i have a PC and everything worked until i pressed "ok" on the last step and then something popped saying "the DNS server 8.8.8.8 is not a valid IP address" please help

SUGGESTED POSTS