Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. We'll keep you updated on that thread.

Offline (error code 4)

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Offline (error code 4)

Idk what you made me do but I don't have a connection to my computer anymore ... help
image.jpg
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Spotify just started working again. Looks like it had something to do with the firewall...

Highlighted

Re: Offline (error code 4) this solution did not work for me. any other suggestions?

Casual Listener

Highlighted

it didnt work me, it just kept saying offline even though i was online the whole time

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Well, I never left spotify, instead my only choice is to stream through my phone.  There is no chance of connecting via PC.  I stream through my phone while at work on wifi, i'd rather through PC, but oh well.

Highlighted

I have the same problem on linux

what should I do?

Highlighted

Dear Spotify community, I have been facing the same issue (error code 4 and error code 7) over and over again and the problem still persists. I have been clean reinstalling Spotify for few times, it worked well right after I reinstalled it, but the problem recurs after I close Spotify and open it again. There are lots of solution proposed by the community but it did not work for me tos solve the problem forever. Could Spotify figure out a solution for this? It is very frustrating to keep facing the same issues and had to spend time "repairing" on product that I have paid for. Thanks!

Casual Listener

this solution did not work for me. I am stil getting the offline error code 4. any other solutions?

Highlighted

Regular

I get the same error but I found a developer who wrote this

"

%appdata%/Spotify/Spotify.exe –ap=194.132.162.150

"

Run this code on CMD and it will work perfectly

The same error I kept facing until I used this code

However, I still have to run it by this code everytime I close it or It will keep going offline, don't know why. 

Well, if you don't want to lunch CMD everytime, then open a notepad, paste the code in it, save it as spotify.bat, and you will have the code to run by cmd automatically when you launch it.

Still hope they find a real solution for it soon.

Highlighted

Regular

Didn't work for me. I've had this problem for almost 2 years. It'll never get fixed.

SUGGESTED POSTS