Offline (error code 4)

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Offline (error code 4)

Casual Listener

I appreciate the help, but this not only didn't work for me, but it didn't even make sense. When I went to Network on my Mac, there was no lock of any form in the lower left-hand corner, nor were there Built-In Ethernet or Airport. The entire panel had nothing in common with your instructions.

I am at work and I use Spotify to listen to music while I do my job. Suddenly Spotify won't make a connection, though the connection is just fine. In addition, I can't get any other music player to work.  Could it be that the techs at my employer have blocked Spotify and other streaming serives?

Highlighted

Get this Offline, Error Code:4 every time a latest version of the Spotify desktop app get's installed have to resort to web player as annoyingly only cure seems to be full system restart

Highlighted

Got the same problem for a few weeks now.
It appears on a Macbook Air (Airport) with the app, but the website works. The app works on my iPhone, my MacPro (pluged with ethernet cable) and at work (Windows 7, pluged)

I tried to change the DNS as it was said, I reinstalled Spotify, no evolution.... Help.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

i cant even sign in...

Highlighted

These solutions did not work on my laptop. I don't know what to do, can someone help me? 

Spoiler
didnt help me 😞
Highlighted

Hopefully I have fixed it for me at least for the time being.  Go to properties for spotify and click run compatilibity mode for your version of windows.

Highlighted

I have tried everything suggested in this forum and still have the same problem. It is my office computer. Can't even use the Web Player because it says that it is not spported by my browser (Internet Explorer). This is annoying beyond words.

Highlighted

I tried all the helpful suggestions for deleting caches, and copying and saving too - thanks for that! But none of this worked for me. What DID finally work, however was changing my DNS settings.

I had altered these to enable overseas viewing of programs, so when I reverted back to my original DNS settings, Spotify resumed and I copy and pasted my deleted folders back into the Spotify folder and all appears as was....

It means I can't watch BBC iplayer now but I would rather have Spotify!

Highlighted

This one fixed mine!

I checked my username and password again.

I found out that my password was not correct.  And for some weird reason Spotify app on my mac lets me in. with all my settings intact.. just in offline mode though and showing Error Code: 4.

But when I loged out and entered the correct password. Everything worked out fine!

Try it out. Hope this one helps.!

SUGGESTED POSTS