Announcements

Offline (error code 4)

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Offline (error code 4)

Changing the DNS setting on my MacBook worked a treat! Thanks for the solution.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

What if my internet using corporate link and i cant change my DNS because corporate has own setting for DNS ?

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I am getting this awful ERROR CODE 4 on my Window 10 desk top and lap top. How can I resolve ?????.

Highlighted

i have tried this method, but it isn't working. I am using Windows. anyways, i also tried to uninstall and reinstall method, but i am unable to uninstall the app due everytime i hit the 'Uninstall' button, there's a pop up showing that spotify has stopped working and left 2 option. 

1) Check online for solution and close he program

2) close the program. 

and when i click on the 'show problem detail' it's said that the problem event name is APPCRASH.

i choose number one, but the pop up just dissapeared without 'online solution.'

i really hope spotify fixes this. i live in a country that dollar is quite expensive, so it really drained my weekly pocket money for this subscription. 

Anyways, thankyou for this method even tho it simply didn't work for me. 

Highlighted

It works 🙂

Another solution is in the spotify settings to disable the proxy server. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

sorry it did not solve the problem on my desktop computer; it only helped for one session; once I quit Spotify and start up again, the problem is back again also; the dns properties were the same (8888; 8844) but had no influence. I try other solutions. Thank you. Warpoons

Highlighted

Disable Proxy - changed proxy option to no proxy solved the issue for me

Thanks 

Highlighted

Thank you for this!! This helped me a lot! 😃❤️

Highlighted

Hello,

This same issue have been occurring to me though my personal and professional notebook. 

The solution I found was

1. turning off wifi / Ethernet,

2. kill spotify proccess

3. than turn on wifi / ethernet conection

4. and open again spotify.

It should solve the problem temporarly until next time this error code 4 show up again

Hope it Helps o/

Highlighted

errorcode 4

Casual Listener

I think I found the solution on my desktop computer: in the advanced preferences of Spotify, proxy was set on automatic without my knowledge. I did not notice for weeks. But I have no proxy! So I changed the setting again in 'no proxy'. The errorcode 4 was gone immediately. Now hoping that it is not coming back, the **bleep**. But it has to be the cause.I can't imagine anything else

SUGGESTED POSTS