Announcements

Offline (error code 4)

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Offline (error code 4)

Casual Listener

Might as well add one more voice to the outcry.

Running OSX 10.10.2, can access Spotify via the web browser, but the standalone app shows Offline and throws error code four.

I've tried everything I can think of, including:

• Restarting Spotify
  • Restarting Computer
  • Reinstalling Spotify
  • FULLY Reinstalling Spotify (deleting settings files in Application Support, etc.)
  • Checking any firewall settings to ensure nothing is blocking the connection to the App.

It was working fine the majority of the day yesterday, while I was streaming music for the office, and then all of a sudden it disconnected and hasn't been able to connect since. Hopefully Spotify will reach out and comment on this, but reading through the thread up until this point I'm not going to hold my breath.

Sad.

Highlighted

hi yeah so i followed your instructions on to re install spotify app on my laptop but the erreor is still coming up what should i do because i really need spotify to work

Highlighted

Casual Listener

have the same issue... for a few days now... no solution yet

Highlighted

Just logging out and logging back in worked for me, don't know about the rest of you 😕

Highlighted

I have exactly the same problem. However, when I tried spotify on my iPhone, it started to work on my desktop. 

When I switch spotify off on my phone, it also stops on my desktop.

Don't get it. But it works now.

Still rather irritating that there is no helpdesk.

Highlighted
Solution!

This worked for me 🙂

It is a pretty annoying fix though, so I kept searching and found a different solution:

Go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Proxy

Change from "Auto Detect" to "HTTP".  You don't need to fill out the Host/Port/Username/Password fields.

Click "Update Proxy".

This worked for me (I'm using a corporate computer on a corporate network), but others in the other forum didn't see any success...

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for the tip. This solution worked for me.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Here's my experience to add to all the others ....

Running Windows 10, latest version, and starting getting Error Code 4's, etc only about 3 weeks ago, having run Spotify Premium with no problems for several months.

As others have, I've tried everything I can think of, including restarting Spotify, restarting computer, reinstalling Spotify, fully reinstalling Spotify (deleting settings files in Application Support, etc.), checking any firewall settings to ensure nothing is blocking the connection to the App.

As with others, it works for some time, then all of a sudden it disconnects. If I just leave it, it sometimes reconnects after a couple of minutes, but usually doesn't.

I've also noticed that if I try to open a new browser tab, that also just hangs. It's as if Spotify has hogged all my internet bandwidth, while at the same time doing nothing.

I find it incredible that, as a company, Spotify offers no support. If this situation continues, like othere I will CANCEL MY SPOTIFY PREMIUM !!

Highlighted

i have this issue today i recently had to make a new spotify account after deactivateing my facebook which spotify was connected to and that stoped me logging in so today i upgraded my new account to premium after haveing no issues at all upon being a subscriber they tell me i have no internet connection, as a test i have made another account and on the free account i can listen to spotify free online. this seems a little rediculous to me

Highlighted

Thanks. This worked for me too 😄

Kudos!!

SUGGESTED POSTS