Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

One of my playlists have lost 150+ followers in less than a day. What's up with that?

One of my playlists have lost 150+ followers in less than a day. What's up with that?

Have anyone else experienced this? 

Edit: This is how big of a drop it has been Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 13.26.47.png

17 Replies

I've also lost around 400 followers as of today. Maybe those were bots? I don't know.

I don't know, I have the same problem. I have lost in only one day 200 followers.

i also lost 400 followers on my playlist in the last 20 hours. what's happening ??

Hey guys, I lost 800 Followers 😕

My playlist grew slowly over the last years, so I thought there were no bots in my follower list. Did anybody contact spotify and asked if they deleted bots the last day?

https://open.spotify.com/user/giesen.tobi/playlist/0Gw41pi4GrHDbHL8yCMMoF

Thats the playlist I am talking about, at the moment it seems like it is on a solid level again but I am not sure about it...

This whole subforum is flooded massively by bots (you can check it yourself). I highly doubt this thread will get any attention after all. Therefore I've opened another thread in the Windows/Linux subforum, you can check it out over there and also give your feedback. Hopefully they will provide us with a solution or tell us what's it all about.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Lost-around-400-playlist-subscribe...

Cheers,

baseless

It seems like it it kind of panned out by now, but kind of wanna know why? If there were bots I'm fine with it, but kind of wierd and unannounced. How does it look for you today?  

Any news of why yet?

I feel like that I got more subscribers than usual over the last 24 hours after the incident, like around 80 instead of 20-30 on a normal day. I don't know if this is just coincidence of if it has anything to do with the loss two days ago.

I gained 150 Followers again, since yesterday, which is about 110 more than on an average day. But I still lost 600 Followers.

same like @baseless:

yesterday -400, today +80.

so a total loss of 320.

Yeah, I also got some back. But far from all. Annoying if there's no explenation. 

I gained more than average again last night. But still missing 400 followers.

Same for me, still hoping it'll fix itself.

Hey guys,

my playlist is back at 18.100 Followers again, which is great. But I still do not know why this happend. Does anyone know more?

<iframe src="https://open.spotify.com/embed/user/giesen.tobi/playlist/0Gw41pi4GrHDbHL8yCMMoF" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

same! one of my playlists had 45,000 followers and i lost 2000 in one day

i know this post was 3 years ago but i just lost 2000 followers on one of my playlists in one day and it keeps going down every time i refresh it. i'm not sure if it's bots or if people are suddenly unfollowing it. is spotify getting rid of bots or something?? 

Hey folks,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

Keep in mind that we continuously update the follower numbers on our service in order to provide you with the most accurate information. Occasionally we remove batches of follows from deactivated user accounts, which could account for the drops you've experienced. 

We also have multiple detection measures in place to monitor consumption and protect our users from fraudulent behavior. We're actively collaborating with our industry partners to tackle such issues and to show you the most precise number of playlist followers. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts