Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

One playlist is empty!

Solved!

One playlist is empty!

Hi!

I opened up Spotify today just to see one of my beloved playlists were empty. One one and it's one of mine so its not Starred or something like that. All other playlists are fine. I thought i might have deleted it all by misstake but nothing happened when i did Undo... Found an app for recovering playlist but it just recovered a deleted playlist, not songs in a playlist. Checked my iPhone and it's all gone there aswell, and a friend who followed the playlist couldn't find any songs either. Is there somehting i can do?

//Jonas

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Have you tried contacting the staff about the problem? They may be able to restore the songs for you. You can contact them by sending them a message via an online contact form. Just reply to the no-reply mail and it will be send to them Smiley Wink

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

There actually is an option for restoring playlists, you can find it here.

MauriceMVRock Star 7

Yes. Tried that one. Problem is it restores a deleted playlist. In my case the songs are deleted, not the playlists itself, and therefore it cannot be restored this way.
Marked as solution

Have you tried contacting the staff about the problem? They may be able to restore the songs for you. You can contact them by sending them a message via an online contact form. Just reply to the no-reply mail and it will be send to them Smiley Wink

MauriceMVRock Star 7

Yes. And the now the ball is in motion. After giving them the name playlist and so the said it would be coming back it didn't. Then I contacted them again and said it didn't work. After sending them screenshots the person who now answered thought it was that my account was "confused over how many devices I have" (I have 3), and maybe thought it was too many and therefore deleted them. But to me that sound just like rubbish, I mean that have happened to me when I had more devices and I always got a warning about was were going to happened and it just deleted the tracks on the devices NOT in the playlist. Said that in the reply so now I'm waiting for the result.

Interesting things have happened though.
1. On my iPhone hone it says there is 2 songs in the playlist menu, but when I enter it's still empty.
2. On my iPhone when I do a long-press on the playlist for a preview it actually get my songs (or at least the first five ones like it should) and play them(!), but it's still empty when I actually enter!

Update: So Spotify finally got that all they had to do to fix the problem was to rewind (after a direct question from me) the playlist to the way it was at the time just before all the songs disapperat and so the tracks are all back and I am happy, satisfied and my appartment is filled with my beloved music once more!

Suggested posts