Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only plays 2 songs

Solved!

Only plays 2 songs

Since some days my spotify premium only plays two songs and then stops.

After the first song it will play the second song in line while the information bar at the bottom still shows the first song it played, after that song is done it stops playing altogether.

I've tried reinstalling, clearing the caches, longging out and in and different combinations thereof. Please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear you're having trouble!

We know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device for us? If that doesn't help, let's try another quick reinstall, with the exact steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you confirm which device, operating system, and version of Spotify you're using?

Also, are you using any cache-clearing, battery-saving, or force-quitting apps or modes on your device when this happens?

We'll see what we can suggest, don't worry.

Thanks,

/M

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear you're having trouble!

We know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device for us? If that doesn't help, let's try another quick reinstall, with the exact steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you confirm which device, operating system, and version of Spotify you're using?

Also, are you using any cache-clearing, battery-saving, or force-quitting apps or modes on your device when this happens?

We'll see what we can suggest, don't worry.

Thanks,

/M

Restarting was the solution, I'm an **bleep**.

Thanks a lot for the help, I thought I tried everything but managed to forget the most obvious thing.

Thanks again.

No sorry I spoke too soon, the problem is still there, I followed your instructions to reinstall the application again as well.

The same thing still happens, the player interface gets stuck on the first song, and then after the second song is finished playing it stops.

I'm using a MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015 running Mac OS High Sierra10.13.3.

The version of spotify is 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc.

Ok I found the problem, it's not spotify's fault but the device I'm casting to. Thanks again for the help.

Suggested posts