Announcements

[Other] why not have a dislike button available in daily mix? ideally song & artist??

[Other] why not have a dislike button available in daily mix? ideally song & artist??

andyc70
Visitor

i know this is not a new idea but I'm interested to know explanation from spotify - comments suggest functionality used to be there and taken away but don't see any response that acknowledges the 'complaint' feedback or explains reasoning - naturally IF spotify continues to put strongly disliked songs / artists in daily mix for customers they'll hate the experience...platform = mac

4 Replies

Re: [Other] why not have a dislike button available in daily mix? ideally song & artist??

mhart27
Casual Listener

Coming from Pandora, I can't understand why there would be no dislike button.

The only place I can find one is the Discover Weekly set, and then there is a button to dislike the band... Like we are going to judge a new band we've never heard before using one song? C'mon guys think this through.

If I hear a song I don't like, please make it easy for me to NEVER have to hear it again. This is not something I had to deal with in Pandora, it's NOT a new concept, and I'll go back, and take my family membership with me if this is the way it's going to stay.

Re: [Other] why not have a dislike button available in daily mix? ideally song & artist??

bpier
Visitor

I have been using the dislike (song and artist) just last week. Now it's gone. I see some other posts that refer to the repeat button missing - seems like they keep going back and forth between showing the NO button vs. repeat button. 

I much prefer the NO button to dislike song/artist. As others have mentioned - how else do you fine tune your algorithm?

It does not show up next to the song on my iOS, nor in the 'three-button' link on either platform (screenshot is from Windows 10 - was trying to troubleshoot why it disappeared.....)

2020-04-21_10-21-44.png

hiasbert
Visitor

Do we have any answer to this?

It absolutely defeats the principle of song recommendations on spotify if you cant tell spotify what you dont like.

lancejw

It is super frustrating as the buttons keep coming and going. Their UX people seem to have a constant war going on and changing basic things like this. It really makes me want to go to another music provider.

SUGGESTED POSTS