Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PAY ATTENTION SPOTIFY

PAY ATTENTION SPOTIFY

Spotify, you are like so close to being loveable, and then you fall short. Why can't you just invest in making yourselves the best streaming service. PLEASE. I pay you every month. It's the very least you could do.

Just a few longtime issues that you could fix quickly.

1. Let me play to other devices from the desktop client. Why is it that when I'm listening on my computer, I have to stop my stream. Grab my phone, and navigate to what I was playing, and start all over again to play to my other wi-fi connected devices?  Just fix it. It's really simple.

2. Give us a mini-player that we can keep open and always on top. Seriously, remember AOL Instant Messenger? Like, contact someone over there or maybe at Apple. I'm sure they could help you out.

3. This is less specific, as it would take me far too long to explain what I envision, but let's just say that, I've used Spotify for many years now, most of them as a paying member, and I STILL can't figure out how you want me to navigate things.  I've just had to memorize where to click by rote and googling my issues over the years. Luckily for me, I can 'usually' figure things out, but I shouldn't have to figure it out. I should be be able to go in and find what I want, clearly laid out, by artist, album, etc... And how about listing ALL of the liner notes and performers, especially on classical. Oh, and yeah, Movie Soundtracks aren't classical music. Neither is new age meditation piano music. So, like hire someone in that division, please.

4. Last but certainly not least, Podcasts aren't you bread and butter, and they never will be. It's a really poor management decision to waste so much money luring big people over and making them exclusive. Guess what? People who would be your podcast subscribers are already listening on other apps, and in other ways. People who got into the game way earlier and are doing it better.  I've listened to a few podcasts on Spotify, and they're great. The content is wonderful, but guess what. Your design and layout is so bad that I couldn't depend on it to update my device with new downloaded episodes, as well as find them when I want them, if I wanted to. And I've given it the old college try!  Check Pocket Casts to see how it should be done.

I'm well aware that you don't care about anything I have to say, as evidenced by the fact that my first two points are ones that you've heard many times from other people and seem to refuse to fix.  

I've tried Apple Music, and it turns out that right now I like you better, but it's like the way I feel about exercise. I have to do it, but I don't love it. Sometimes it makes me feel better, but other times it's just frustrating and tiring.  Wouldn't you rather be something I love?

4 Replies

Hey @scorwitz,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Make sure to follow these steps in order to present your feedback regarding Spotify and make sure it's heard:

1. Go to the Spotify Community
  2. Click on Menu
  3. Click on Ideas > Idea submissions
  4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Let’s go

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented. If you wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Dearest Mario, Spotify couldn't care less about what a customer wants.

This guy gets it. Get on board Mario, it's a lot more enjoyable of a service to use when you accept they're useless at fixing bugs and polishing the product in any meaningful way. God damn, if it wasn't for the fantastic library I'd be gone.

Hey @scorwitz 

Good news! There is now a Miniplayer feature available in the desktop app and Web Player!

Check out more info in the announcement post:

Introducing the Spotify Miniplayer to Spotify Desktop

Amayy_0-1710942636526.jpeg

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts