Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play Count Not Displaying

Solved!

Play Count Not Displaying

Team,

The play count is not displaying for some users on deskptop. Example:

The Beatles Spotify page is showing <1000 for their top songs when I view it on Desktop. When I view it on mobile, the plays are normal, well over a million. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have found a fix! Uninstall Spotify then reinstal and it works. 

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Circling back here team! Several folks are reproducing this problem in my network and on here. Concerned for bands (mine included) that are experiencing this that have leveraged their play count in their pitches to blogs, industry professionals, etc. 

Attached is a screen shot of Bob Marley's profile page. All of his hit songs have <1000 plays, yet 7.5 million monthly listeners. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 8.57.50 PM.png

I'm exeriencing the same issue.  The Play Count IS displaying BUT ALL artists are showing their Popular hits Song Play Count stuck on <1000 😕

Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 1.06.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 1.05.54 PM.png

Guys, please fix this soon. It's happening on both Windows and Mac OS. Many people in the community are having this issue, and I'm considering canceling Premium until it is fixed.

This is happening for me, too.

macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Spotify 1.0.48.103.g15edf1ec

How can a bug like this sneak into production? 😞

I am having this issue as well. 

Windows 10. 

So annoying - please fix this MAJOR bug 

Marked as solution

I have found a fix! Uninstall Spotify then reinstal and it works. 

Try uninstalling then reinstalling and that should fix the issue. 

I've tried un/re installing - no change. I dont even have a stream count anymore. It's a joke. Spotify need to fix this asap or they'll loose out very quickly.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing that! Can you confirm your Operating system? Are you on a mac or PC? Are you using the latest OS? Iv' had issues with other apps when not using the latest version of operating systems in the past. I would ensure your OS is up to date and then uninstall/reinstall one more time. 

All the best, 

Drew

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have a PC on Windows 10. Un/reinstalled 5 times now. Not solved.

Yeah I used to see the number of streams and it's definitely gone for me on the desktop version. I'm on Windows 10 too.

Yeah.  I don't think reinstalling Spotify will fix it for most people and Artists.

I am seeing this problem.

only two of my most recent songs show a play count, but my much older songs still show no streams?

I distribute various songs with songtradr and soundblock, but the two newest ones are through distrokid... maybe that will help isolate the issue?

None of these work. Please fix this spotify. Very disappointing.

Suggested posts