Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play Queue is Broken {HELP}

Play Queue is Broken {HELP}

ISSUE : 
My currently playing playlist is set to play "in order" as you can see from this screenshot. However, when I change songs to one down in the list somewhere, Spotify will play just that selected song, then start back at the top of the entire playlist starting from the first song. This is not correct behavior as it should continue to the next song below the currently playing one. 

ATTEMPTED FIXES : 
 - Restarted Spotify on both control and playing computers
 - Changed playlist then went back to this one after jumping them a bit
 - Added / removed songs from playlist
 - Ensured internet connectivity (playlist is NOT downloaded, 342mbs speed internet) 
 - No songs are greyed out

Plan: Premium

Device: Macbook Pro early 2018

Operating System: Mac OSX 10.13.2

PHOTOS: 

(#1 Playlist )  - Playlist, playing song in middle of list, with shuffle OFF.(#1 Playlist ) - Playlist, playing song in middle of list, with shuffle OFF.(#2 - Play Queue, Wrong Data) Incorrectly populated queue list, have not queued anything and have wiped play queue completely. This should be the same order as the playlist in this use case, but it is not and it is broken.(#2 - Play Queue, Wrong Data) Incorrectly populated queue list, have not queued anything and have wiped play queue completely. This should be the same order as the playlist in this use case, but it is not and it is broken.

2 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

I'd also recommend upgrading to macOS High Sierra (10.13.6) or wait for Mojave (10.14) which will be released today after roughly 8 hours from now. If you could please try signing in with another Spotify account or maybe create another user account in your Mac 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi, 

In the screenshot the circular arrow symbol (replay button) is in green meaning it will continually play the same song. Click that button to where it is grey again and it should fix this problem. 

Hope this helps!

Suggested posts