Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stops after each song when playing back an album

Solved!

Playback stops after each song when playing back an album

When I play an album in Spotify, the playback stops after each song - or sometimes it will play two songs in a row and then stop. Then I have to click on the next song to make it play.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hmmm, I see what you're saying. I typed the previous message on an iphone and can't seem to find the same options on my desktop, weird. Do you have spotify on your mobile device? It might be worth looking into if so.

If that doesnt work, I'd recommend redownloading the app on your desktop. A while back I had an issue with my spotify resetting my playlists everytime I logged out. I just deleted the app, redownloaded it, and whatever bug was in there worked its way out. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I had the same thing happen at one point! For me, I had to go to my setting, go into the playback menu, and turn on "gapless playback" + "auto play". That sorted it out for me! 

Hope that works 👍

Cole, thank you for your response. But when I go into "settings" on my desktop Spotify app, the only options are "Crossfade Songs" and "Set the same volume level for all songs". I don't see the options you mentioned. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Marked as solution

Hmmm, I see what you're saying. I typed the previous message on an iphone and can't seem to find the same options on my desktop, weird. Do you have spotify on your mobile device? It might be worth looking into if so.

If that doesnt work, I'd recommend redownloading the app on your desktop. A while back I had an issue with my spotify resetting my playlists everytime I logged out. I just deleted the app, redownloaded it, and whatever bug was in there worked its way out. 

Hey Cole,

Thanks so much for your kind reply and taking the time to help me figure this out. I was using the desktop app. I did end up fixing the problem by going into Edit/Preferences, clicking on "Show Advanced Settings" under Autoplay and turning off the "Autoplay similar songs when your music ends" option under the Autoplay heading.

That seemed to work.

Absolutely! So glad I could help 🙂

Hi,

my version of Spotify was updated last week and it now only plays one song then stops. It shows there is 1 second left to play on the song, but just hangs there. It happens on albums I’ve downloaded and When I stream music too. Updated the version today too, but it is still the same. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Suggested posts