Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback/streaming slow/flat

Playback/streaming slow/flat

I am on a Mac. Recently updated from OS10.8.2 to OS10.8.3, don't know if that is the problem: Songs play about two semitones flat and correspondingly slower. Anyone with the same problem. Or even better: a solution?

10 Replies

I noticed this on my iPhone last night.  At first I thought it was just some quirk in a song that I hadn't noticed.  Then I realized that everything was a tad flat and sounded almost discordant if you were paying attention.  It became pretty annoying while I was working in my garage wearing a good pair of bose headphones.  I noticed it all of the 15 plus track I listed to.

I hope they address this.  It takes someone with a decent ear to detect it.

Hi guys,

Are you still having trouble? Could you tell us what ISP you're with?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

No, it seems to be ok now, don't know what happened there, but haven't had the problem for a while, one of those mysteries that solve themselves.

Ok, awesome. Let us know if starts up again.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have this issue now - absolutely ridicolous I pay money for service like this.

It still happens from time to time, restarting the Mac usually solves it and anyway I mostly listen to Spotify on another computer. I use the internal headphone out on that, never a problem. I am starting to wonder if it might be the MOTU interface, that it has something to do with sample rates. Next time it happens, I will swich to the internal headphone port on the Mac, if that sounds ok, it will be the interface. Stay tuned!

Hi Kobi, are you using an external audio interface? Just now Spotify was playing too slow again. Went to System Preferences, changed audio out from MOTU Microbook II to internal speakers, then immediately changed back to the MOTU (in other words "restarted" (disconnected and reconnected) the MOTU). Then it worked perfectly, so there is (for me anyway) an issue with the MOTU since restarting just the MOTU (not Spotify wich I kept open) solves it. Until it goes bad again. It is a five second fix, but still annoying. Also strange that it just affects Spotify, not iTunes and (thank God) not Logic Pro.  I will pop over to the MOTU forum and see if anyone else have this problem.

I am having this issue with songs playing slow and flat - can anyone advise??

Yep, it's an external soundcard issue.  Switch it off and on again!

Tried all the other suggestions on other threads- 

Disabling the advanced settings. 

What worked for me

Ended up being my external audio interface (for recording)

just unplugged and replugged (same as disabling and re-enabling)

Suggested posts