Playback stutters on OSX. Stops stuttering when making Spotify window active.

Solved!
Highlighted

Playback stutters on OSX. Stops stuttering when making Spotify window active.

Casual Listener

Im having issues with Spotify on OSX desktop.

The playback stutters constantly when the Spotify window is not my active window. The problem stops when Spotify is the active window on my screen.

This does not sound like a connection issue to me. I am however running through a VPN but that shouldnt make a difference as the problem only occurs when the Spotify window is hidden or not active.

It happens both with high quality enabled and disabled.

I tried reinstalling the client, did not help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Playback stutters on OSX. Stops stuttering when making Spotify window active.

Community Legend

Hello.

Please try this

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-on-Yosemite-stops-playing-random...

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Playback stutters on OSX. Stops stuttering when making Spotify window active.

Community Legend

Hello.

Please try this

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-on-Yosemite-stops-playing-random...

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Casual Listener
That did the trick! Thanks 🙂
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi, I'm trying to look at this solution but I'm getting a "your don't have sufficient privileges" error. Was the original deleted ? Can you quote the solution here ? Thank you

Highlighted

Hey there @solarbarmamaise

We checked the link of the Solution on our side and it seems to be working.

Do you mind trying to open it in a private/incognito window? This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. Simply open the thread in the private window and then click on the Solution link. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson

Casual Listener

Hi Ivan,

I am still encountering the problem, even on private browsing, can you please just copy the solution below so I can try to troubleshoot this ? It’s a really annoying bug.

@Ivan

E63622CA-7228-441E-BC41-14D5CB5AA7E8.png
Highlighted

Visitor
I have the same problem as @solarbarmamaise. In both normal and private browsing, it shows the Access Denied! We want to see the solution to the stuttering problem and we should also deal with this stupid "insufficient privileges" bug!
Highlighted

Visitor
Hi, did anyone figure this out? I'm having this problem too, even on private/incognito mode.

Thanks
Highlighted

Visitor

The problem seems to be that the link to the solution is going to a page in the directory /Desktop-Mac-old, which isn't available.

Can somebody just copy and paste the text of that page to the rest of us, please?

SUGGESTED POSTS