Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stutters on OSX. Stops stuttering when making Spotify window active.

Solved!

Playback stutters on OSX. Stops stuttering when making Spotify window active.

Im having issues with Spotify on OSX desktop.

The playback stutters constantly when the Spotify window is not my active window. The problem stops when Spotify is the active window on my screen.

This does not sound like a connection issue to me. I am however running through a VPN but that shouldnt make a difference as the problem only occurs when the Spotify window is hidden or not active.

It happens both with high quality enabled and disabled.

I tried reinstalling the client, did not help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello.

Please try this

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-on-Yosemite-stops-playing-random...

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello.

Please try this

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-on-Yosemite-stops-playing-random...

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

That did the trick! Thanks 🙂

Hi, I'm trying to look at this solution but I'm getting a "your don't have sufficient privileges" error. Was the original deleted ? Can you quote the solution here ? Thank you

Hey there @solarbarmamaise

We checked the link of the Solution on our side and it seems to be working.

Do you mind trying to open it in a private/incognito window? This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. Simply open the thread in the private window and then click on the Solution link. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Hi Ivan,

I am still encountering the problem, even on private browsing, can you please just copy the solution below so I can try to troubleshoot this ? It’s a really annoying bug.

@Ivan

E63622CA-7228-441E-BC41-14D5CB5AA7E8.png

I have the same problem as @solarbarmamaise. In both normal and private browsing, it shows the Access Denied! We want to see the solution to the stuttering problem and we should also deal with this stupid "insufficient privileges" bug!

Hi, did anyone figure this out? I'm having this problem too, even on private/incognito mode.

Thanks

The problem seems to be that the link to the solution is going to a page in the directory /Desktop-Mac-old, which isn't available.

Can somebody just copy and paste the text of that page to the rest of us, please?

Go to preferences and then click on the "Streaming Quality" selector. Set it to "Automatic". That reduced stuttering on my Mac to almost zero.

Delete and reinstall Spotify.

ya the link dont work. 

roymayor_0-1597766803522.png

My Problem:

Im getting a bad stuttering when a sound notification plays from another app (slack) ill get stuttering from spotify for like 2-3 seconds and continue playing normally. its really pissing me off.

Hi 🙂
I'm getting Access Denied for that link, what's the solution?

Same here, can't see the Solution Page, why can't somebody just paste the Solution here.. .Help the World Guys, don't make the life difficult for us!!! @Spotify... This problem needs attention,,,, Shuttering is very very irritating!!! 

What did the trick, can you please also help us ? we can't even see the solution page 😞

Where is the moderator or someone with access to the deleted solution? Obviously many people are having this issue -- Spotify seems like they'd rather cover their ears and let us switch to Apple Music than to help.

I'm also having this issue and also getting "Access Denied". Please help

I am having this same problem -- and now even when the app is in the forefront it happens

Suggested posts