Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Issue

Playlist Issue

Plan

Premium

Australia

Device

iMac

Operating System

OS Catalina

I am having a problem where whenever I create a new playlist from an album, it adds a 2 onto the end of the name. I am using the desktop app on a Mac. I have searched the net but can't seem to find a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies

Hey @markoid63,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community and welcome. 

I'm also running the Spotify app on Catalina (10.15.3) and wasn't able to reproduce what you reported.

Since it could be a temporary error, would you mind trying each of the following steps?

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply and be available to help with anything else as well!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I had already done all of that, I even tried to clear the cache in my library. It is still doing it, but not every one. It's like it's picking up a supposed old playlist of the same name, but I know that i have never done a playlist with that name.

Hey @markoid63,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Just to confirm, did you also already try a clean reinstall of the app? Starting with a brand new Spotify app could do the trick in this case. 

If the issue persists, would you mind sharing a screen-video of what you experience? It'll help us look into it in greater detail before suggesting any other potentially related trouble-shooting steps. 

We're looking forward to your update and we're here to help with anything else too!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sorry for the late response, been crazy busy. I did the whole clean reinstall as well as clearing Spotify caches, but no difference. The crazy part is it does for most playlists but not all. I added some playlists the same way on my iPad app and there was no problems at all. There has to be something to do with the Mac desktop app.

Suggested posts