Playlist Radio: "More Songs load as you listen" not working

Premium

United States

macOS 12.0.1

Spotify for macOS (Intel)
1.1.74.631.g0b24d9ad

Steps to reproduce: 

1. Right-click a playlist
  2. "Go to playlist radio"  (Shows 5 songs and "More songs load as you listen")
  3. Play a few songs or hit "next" a few times

Expected behavior:

More songs load

Actual behavior:

No more songs load. Playlist ends after 5 songs.

(See screenshot from after hitting "next" 3 times. Would expect more to load by now.)

This only started happening within the last week or so. Was fine before that.

Happens only on desktop. Works fine on my Android phone.

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 11.19.43.png
27 Replies

Hey @break051,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

Just to confirm, can you let us know the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you have installed?

On another note, we'd also like to know if it's always behaved like that or if this behavior started after a specific event/update. Is this happening on more than on device?  It'd be awesome if you could check.

@how1er can you send us a video recording of what you mentioned? You can attach the video in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload them to YouTube or Google drive and make them public, so we can visualize it.

We'll keep an eye on your response! 

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

It's insane how much you guys are avoiding fixing an issue that is clearly on your end. This person is not the only one experiencing the problem, if that doesn't tell you it's not account based I'm not sure what will. The issue happens in the web player. 

Hi,

Also having the exact same problem with my Playlist Radio. And it's in the desktop application. It's been like this for a while now too.

Hi there folks,

Thanks for your posts.

Can you let us know if this is happening only on Playlist radio for you, or with Artist/ Song radio as well? It would be great if you can attach a video recording of how things look on your end along with your device, OS version and exact Spotify version. You can share a link to YouTube if the video is too big to upload as an attachment here. 

We are requesting this info in order to investigate what might be causing the issue, as we're not able to replicate this on our end, which means that it's affecting only a number of users.

Looking forward to your replies.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This has always happened tome (and is still happening) only on Playlist radio, web version.

Hey @Rob070,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and welcome to the Community!

Would you mind letting us know what troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Any screenshots you can send us will also be helpful to identify what's causing the issue with Playlist radio.

To be most accurate in our advice, could you provide the details that @Alex requested earlier in this thread as well? 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator

Hello, this issue is affecting me as well. I'm using the web player on Firefox 108.0.2 (64-bit), Win10 OS on PC. I get three songs for Playlist Radio and then the playlist resets and stops. I no longer have the option for Artist Radio; it now sends me to a static 50-song (heart-able) playlist which does not continue after the 50th song. (Edit: I should also point out that within the 50-song static Artist Radio playlists, a good 30-60% of the songs just get skipped over and refuse to play. When I go to click play on a particular skipped song, it just acts like the input was never received. I'm not sure if it is region-locked content or what.)

Troubleshooting steps, in order: Reboot, log out and log in, clear cache, reboot, log in, verify Firefox is up to date. I then tested it in incognito mode, with the same results.

The attached screenshots (with personally-identifying information greyed out) are what I see when accessing the Playlist Radio for https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1E4wr6g3tGengZ?si=f51a0d18ceff4709

1 is when listening to the first song, 2 is when listening to the second, and 3 is when listening to the third song. when the third song ends it cycles back to the same view as #1, but is not playing (shows the |> symbol instead of the || symbol).

Sublab Radio _ Spotify Playlist 1.png
Sublab Radio _ Spotify Playlist 2.png
Sublab Radio _ Spotify Playlist 3.png

Hey @torski,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. So, just to confirm, is this happening on a different browser? It'd be awesome if you could check.

On another note, is this happening over WiFi? Ethernet? Both? Do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using? You can create, if possible, a hotspot from a mobile phone. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

To continue checking this behavior, would you mind sending us a screenshot of what you see in the queue when you start playing a radio from a playlist?

Lastly, we'd like to add that the Radio feature will create a playlist of roughly 50 tracks. If you want the Radio to play endlessly, make sure you enable the Autoplay option in the app settings. Another way to start an endless mix of similar songs is to launch a radio station from a Playlist. So, if the radio was created based on an artist, is expected to get a playlist of 50 songs.

Keep us in the loop!  

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts