Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Radio: "More Songs load as you listen" not working

Solved!

Playlist Radio: "More Songs load as you listen" not working

Premium

United States

macOS 12.0.1

Spotify for macOS (Intel)
1.1.74.631.g0b24d9ad

Steps to reproduce: 

1. Right-click a playlist
  2. "Go to playlist radio"  (Shows 5 songs and "More songs load as you listen")
  3. Play a few songs or hit "next" a few times

Expected behavior:

More songs load

Actual behavior:

No more songs load. Playlist ends after 5 songs.

(See screenshot from after hitting "next" 3 times. Would expect more to load by now.)

This only started happening within the last week or so. Was fine before that.

Happens only on desktop. Works fine on my Android phone.

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 11.19.43.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Okay for the record, it was definitely a server-side problem, because as of today it's suddenly been fixed, and I didn't update my client at all.

Happy that the problem's been fixed. (Not too surprised since I bet I wasn't the only one with the problem.)

View solution in original post

27 Replies

Hi @ToastyKen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

We tested this from our side and were able to play multiple playlist radios without issue. To start, could you run a clean reinstall of the app? This one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists, could you confirm if the same happens in the Web Player

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I did a clean reinstall, and the problem persists on my Mac desktop player.

Screen recording here: [deleted]

The problem does NOT exists in Web Player. That works fine; it will load additional songs (which then show up in my Mac desktop player).  (Same goes for if I trigger the playlist on my phone, but set the output to my Mac desktop.)

So I guess the workaround for now is to control Spotify from either Web Player or my phone and set output to my Mac desktop, but yeah the problem still persists for me. 😞

Hey @ToastyKen,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In this case, we suggest that you log out > restart your PC and your router > log back in. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your PC to check if the issue persists with a different account?

Lastly, we'd like to know if this only happens with playlist radios or with any other radios such as song, artist, etc.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello!
The exact same issue is appearing for me on the Mac desktop application.

I have relogged but nothing changed, still only playing and displaying 5 songs in the radio playlist. 

Might be related is also that the "Auto play" feature does not seem to work, meaning that if I have no more songs to play in a playlist it just stops playing and does not continue to play related songs. I have double checked the toggle for "Auto play" and at least graphically it is in the "On" state.

Hi @DoItWithADance,

Thank you for your reply and confirming the troubleshooting you've done so far 🙂

Can you try to perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no  old cache files causing this.

On another note, do you see more songs if you check the queue?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

New data point: I have the same problem on the Mac desktop version and Linux desktop version, but the problem does NOT exist in the web version on either platform.

And that's after clean install.  So I feel like there's something specific to the desktop versions, and maybe something specific to my account?

Hey @ToastyKen

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, have you tried asking a friend to log in to their account in your PC to see if the issue persists with a different account?

On another note, we suggest that you try restarting your PC in Safe mode and reinstall the app again. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp
Marked as solution

Okay for the record, it was definitely a server-side problem, because as of today it's suddenly been fixed, and I didn't update my client at all.

Happy that the problem's been fixed. (Not too surprised since I bet I wasn't the only one with the problem.)

Hey @ToastyKen,

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help.

Have a good one 🙂

EniModerator

Having this same issue as of June 15, 2022. I cannot dislike/remove songs because they never show up on the list. Ones that are currently playing show up in my queue but never move over. Radio playlist never shows more than 3 songs, and never ones that have actually recently played. Using browser Spotify on newest version of Firefox.

Hey there @how1er

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps. 

If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you check if the same happens using an incognito window and a different browser. 

Also, would you mind letting us know if this is only happening in the web player or in the desktop app as well?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator

My browser listening is always done in an incognito tab, with ad blockers disabled, so that is not a solution. I can't confirm other browsers because I legitimately don't use other ones. Especially at work - Edge is subpar, and Chrome eats too much of my RAM that I need for work programs.

The browser version only shows about 3 songs at a time, usually ones that haven't played recently. The desktop app currently shows 5 - the first 3 are the same ones that haven't played recently, and the following 2 are ones I've actually tried to skip and/or remove from the queue in the past.

In the attached image from the app, none of the songs listed are ones I've listened to today. Anything that played today basically moves off the upcoming queue and vanishes. Post.jpg

Hey @how1er,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you tell us if this happens when opening the web player on another device (e.g. phone).

Changing tunes, we recommend clearing cookies and cache (browser), restart it and tell us if the behavior persists. 

We'll stay tuned.

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Same issue. Three songs in playlist radio. One of them is a new song. Player plays the three songs. Than it stops. If I skip the songs manually, it always loads the same three songs again.
Using the web player.
Log out + relogin tested - didn't work.

Deleted browser cache, cookies, data - didn't work.

Tried incognito tab - didn't work.

Hey there,

Thanks for the posts.

It's important for us to find out if this issue is account related or not. Could you try using a different account on the same device? How did that go?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I've used the web browser on two different computers with the same results. Since the one always uses private mode, the cookies and cache are cleared every time I close and reopen. That has not made a difference. I'm not permitted to access my full library on the browser version on my phone. The message indicated in the attached screenshot shows up. Even dismissing it, I can't access the Library.

The Spotify app on my phone, I can't really see if there's a way to see a queue. The playlists on there seem completely different than the ones on my desktop for whatever reason...and usually not in a good way. E.G. my Secret Garden Radio playlist only had 1 tune by Secret Garden in it at all. I tend to only use my own personally made playlists on the app because the ones Spotify makes aren't good at all. I don't think that's something that can be 'solved,' just the algorithm not functioning in a way that appeals to me.

I'm assuming the other mod post that was made recently was to the other commenter, but if it wasn't, there is only 1 account in my household.

Screenshot_20220625-204433_Chrome.jpg

Hey @how1er,

Thanks for the extensive description.

Do you mind creating a new account for testing purposes and let us know if you experience the same behavior on the web player? We can exclude account related issues that way.

If you could also try a different browser, we'd know if the issue is related to the browser you're using or not.

A short screen recording of the issue would also let us fully understand what is going on on your end.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Sorry, but doesn't that mean I have to make a new email address as well? That seems excessive to make me do. And I don't have a way to record my screen currently.

I managed to test my current account in Chrome and had the same results.

Also now noticing any of my Spotify-made radios have updated across the board (phone, app, and computer) to only have one initial song by the artist they're named after? Again I know that's not related to the issue I discussed here but that seems silly. Secret Garden Radio and David Tolk Radio each only contain one piece of music from the respective artist, while other artists have up to 5 songs on it. I doubt any of these issues are account-specific as these are the radio playlists made my Spotify and not ones I've created. 

Hello,

I am also having this issue as my playlist radio only plays 5 or so songs and ends.  Its been like this for a while.  Currenlty i am using the web player.

Suggested posts