NEXT STEP

Playlist Song Order

Playlist Song Order

Free/Premium Premium

Country Ireland

Device

Mac OSX Catalina

My Question or Issue

I have made a massive public playlist with 100+ followers and often update it. I do this by copying everything to a new private playlist, updating and then pasting back to the public playlist.

I did this yesterday and all the tracks are in a different order even when clicking the calendar icon to rearrange music. Some are in the correct place and others that were at the top of the playlist are now at the bottom. I did this many times before and all tracks were kept in the exact order.

I have re-installed Spotify on both my Mac and iPhone app but the issue still persists. I understand that people may choose to rearrange tracks themselves but I want mine in the correct specific order.

Is there any way to resolve this issue? I can't find a clear cut answer.

9 Replies

Hi @Brezhnev!

Thanks for reaching out about this.

First up, we suggest that you make sure to turn any filter off. 

On another note, keep in mind that you can change the songs order manually by dragging them to the place you want them to be in. 

If the issue persists, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've also been experiencing this and it's a big pain. It changes on my different Mac computers—on one device it adds to the top of my playlists (iMac), but on my laptop it is working properly and adding songs to the bottom as it always has.

Hey @jovelroystan

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your PCs?

Also, let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update either of the app or the OS of your device. 

Lastly, does this happen only with large playlists?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey,

My laptop is a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) with macOS Big Sur 11.0.1. The desktop is an iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012) running on macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7.

Macbook Spotify:

1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7-a

Desktop Spotify: 

1.1.46.916.g416cacf1-a

I updated the OS and installed new versions of Spotify on both of these devices back in November (Desktop) and early December (laptop). Most of the issues I've been experiencing lately, including this one, have been across all playlists, new and old, large and small: the song order issue (on the desktop), the duplicate song notification not working, the album art no longer directing to the playlist radio, and more.

Thanks for any help you can offer. -J

Hi @jovelroystan

Thanks for sending us this information.

Would you mind sending us a screenshot from the app to check how a playlist with a recently added song looks like?

Additionally, we suggest that you make sure to turn any filter off  on your iMac. 

Keep us in the loop!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey,

See attached for two screenshots. The first is from my iMac and shows a recently added track (911 x Gaga) and the position it's in at the top after dragging it in via the playlist bar on the left. The second screenshot is from my laptop and I did the exact same action described above and the track was added to the bottom, as desired.

Filters and sorting were off on both devices. -J

iMac.jpg
Macbook.png

Hi @jovelroystan

Thanks for sending this information. 

Could you let us know if this is happening with all of the playlists on your iMac, or just with the one you're showing?

On another note, would you mind trying to click on "DATE ADDED" to turn the filter on? Also, can you send us another screenshot of what you're seeing after clicking on it?

We'll be waiting for your reply 🙂 

EniModerator

It was happening on all playlists. FYI: I'm no longer at my home in Houston where that iMac is, so I'm unable to send screenshots anymore.

Hey @jovelroystan,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Not to worry, you can try the steps that @Eni suggested next time you have access to your iMac and if they don't do the trick- upload the screenshot with your next reply in the thread. We'll keep an eye out and make sure to help if it's needed.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page - on the laptop everything works as expected, right? Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any issues with the app there 🙂

Keep us posted.

Cheers.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts