Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist description links

Playlist description links

Hello!

I'm trying to find out how to add links to the description of one of my playlists. You know when there's an artist on the cover art, and they tag that artist in the description? I screenshotted a random example in the attachments below. 

From what I've gathered, you need to be either an artist, or a verified user, to be able to add links to the description. I'm not a verified user, but I am an artist, and my account has been verified access to it, labeled as the artist. I don't think Spotify is taking user verifications anymore, as the FAQ on the Spotify For Artists site says this:

We don’t offer verification for personal Spotify accounts.

If you’re an artist or on a management team and you want to get verified and take control of a profile on Spotify, you’ll need to get access to Spotify for Artists.

I've gotten access already, though.

I merely just want to create a playlist, that will show in my public playlists tab of my personal Spotify user, of all of my songs, with a link to my artist page (yeah, shameless self-promo, I know). Is this possible, and if so, how can I do this?

I also think giving all users the opportunity to add links to their playlist descriptions would be a really cool feature! We could link to our social medias and stuff 🙂

Thanks in advance!

Gigi

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 6.08.59 pm.png
4 Replies

Hey @faqinhell

It looks like the ability for artists to add links to their playlist descriptions has been discontinued.

The FAQ on the artist site doesn't show the "add link" field in the screenshot and it has no mention of being able to add a link anymore.

https://artists.spotify.com/faq/profile#how-do-i-brand-my-artist-playlists

Also, I wanted to point out that artists can now add their social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) links to their artist page.

https://artists.spotify.com/blog/spruce-up-your-artist-profile-with-photo-galleries-and-social-conne...

I think if Spotify opened up description linking to all users, it would be cool, but it also opens the door to abuse and people linking to random websites and stuff.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I was actually thinking, maybe only link to spotify links, it would be a decent middle ground.

Indeed. Some kind of bb-code, like [artist]Artist Name[/artist] shown as "Artist Name", or [playlist]Spotyfy URI[/playlist] shown as "Playlist Name" would be pretty useful. I believe you can create a feature request somewhere.

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

We always strive to improve our app and the experience with it. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass your feedback to the right team.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea. That way other users can also support it. Rest assured that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.   

If you want to find more information about how your feedback reaches Spotify, you can click here.

We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Stay safe!

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts