Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist in alphabetical order.

Solved!

Playlist in alphabetical order.

Is it possible to arrangere the artists I have in my play lists alphabetically. Because of streaming music from Spotify pausing all the time, I have to play off line. The play list is getting extremely long, and it is difficult to find a particular artist.
148 Replies

hmm, did you leave your username and password in quotes.

What version of windows are you using, do you have admin rights?

Screen Shot 2014-02-07 at 13.18.09.jpg

Yes, i left them in quotes. And, yes, i have admin rights. I also tried to run the file as admin using the right-click context menu.

I`m using windows 7 ultimate 64-bit.

Have you extracted all of the included DLL files into the same folder as the .exe you're running?

Screen Shot 2014-02-07 at 14.31.57.jpg

Yes, i just checked and i have the exact same files as in your pic. Still not working..

It may be that you need the C++ distribution installed. Can you install this and let me know your progress?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5555

I tried to install this package but it appears that i already had it on my PC, so i chose to repair the package between the two options given (repair & remove). Then i tried again to open the sortify exe file but with the same error message..

Would be interesting to know if others here also have the same problem, please tell if you do.

Hi Raduiz,

I haven't had anyone else contact me with any problems and the sorter has had quite a few downloads.

If you'd like, drop me a PM and we can get you sorted.

Cheers!

Ryan

crtr.co.uk/sortify

Hey Ryan, I downloaded your scipt and went through all the notions perfectly. After inputing my username and password and triple checking them to make sure there were no spelling errors, the script tells me "Login_Result: BAD_USERNAME_OR_PASSWORD with a few more lines of text and the script crashes. These are the same creditials I use to login to Spotify directly. Any ideas?

Seriously has this not been sorted yet, its ridiculous, 1 click sort alphabetically its so basic and so needed, Spotify what are your reasons for not having this feature.

Spotify - Please provide an update as to why people cannot alphabetize their playlists. It's an extremely annoying and frustrating aspect of your player.

@jimmypowder wrote:

Yes this feature is why I currently dont subscribe to Spotify. Its a great  music service but

very unorganized once you add a ton of playlists or artists.

I'm subscribed, but I'm beginning to wish I wasn't.  How difficult could the inclusion of such a simple, but essential feature be?

And still no comment from Spotify regarding this feature even after all the comments in this thread? I find this very strange..

It think they're a bit busy at the moment with the new GUI and Your Music which will also do away with the need for album playlists.

SPOTIFY I HAVE CANCELLED MY SUBSCRIPTION BECAUSE YOU ARE THE BIGGEST SET OF F'IN CLOWNS GOING - HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO ADD 'A TO Z' OPTION!!!...

LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE THAT KEEP SPOTIFY GOING AND ACT NOW YOU CLOWNS!!!

I was one of the users that suggested auto-alphabetization of playlists. However, for those who are not aware, you can sort your lists manually by dragging the titles up or down. Since most users have a large number of playlists as a result of organizing their collections by artist, manual sorting becomes a drag (pun intended) after you accumulate a few dozen lists. In some cases, you want a certain list on top so you can add files to it easily, and that's why both the manual and auto option should be featured.

Please make playlists alphabetizable.  it seems so strange that this isn't an option.  I guess nothing can be assumed in the app world.  .

This hasen't been fixed yet? Really.......???

Lost all my mp3s via external hard drive "dieing". I have had this happen before. And fed up of it. Not wanting to go through it again, thought I'd give Spotify a go. But cannot sort alphabetically is my first issue .... been on here 5 minutes before having one. Found this thread.... Am I missing something? Has the feature been added but I cannot locate it? Or is it really not implemented yet? 

Unfortunately this is still an issue that has not been addressed Ieon80s.

Spotify, how about chiming in here?

I really can't beleive this hasn't been fixed yet, very disappointing. I can't believe it would be that hard to do. I love this service but my lists are so long its really frustrating. 

Suggested posts