Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist in alphabetical order.

Solved!

Playlist in alphabetical order.

Is it possible to arrangere the artists I have in my play lists alphabetically. Because of streaming music from Spotify pausing all the time, I have to play off line. The play list is getting extremely long, and it is difficult to find a particular artist.
148 Replies

Good God, yes, what an idiotic thing to do, to leave all the playlists sitting there with random listing, so you have to scroll through 3 million artists to find what you want. 

DUMB. 

You should be able to sort by date added and by alphabet . Really all other music services can do this . If you add a lot of playlists like I do , I have to go to my computer to manually sort cause you can't do it on the iPhone or ipad . This cannot be that hard to implement

Don't get too lazy Spotify , Apples next move after ITunes Radio may be a full fledged music
subscription . I'm guessing they will have stuff
alphabetized when it arrives

Would be a very useful feature - especially if you could sort it by artist, album or track name

@sixwingsfire wrote:

Would be a very useful feature - especially if you could sort it by artist, album or track name

You seemt to be talking about track and not playlist sorting. You can sort tracks in the desktop client by clicking on any of the title bars. Clicking on one of these a second time switches to sorting by descending and a third time turns the sorting off.

I have over 300 playlists and manage to keep them all alphabetized manually..  Once you do it the first time, its not that tough to keep them sorted.

Also, I don't want the Spotify software ordering by first name or "the" or anything like that.  A manual sort assured you have them the way you want them.

In the time you spent writing your message you could have had it don already.

This is frustratingly missing from the desktop client (I really don't see why it isn't in there, it's pretty elementary functionality), but I noticed today that it does exist on the Android Spotify client.

Screenshot on 7.16.2013 at 11.21.21 AM.png

Hey! I had same problem! I fixed it by:

1. On computer, sort all songs in the your folder alphabetically.

2. Make a "new folder" and transfer all the songs into the new folder, make sure your songs are categorized the way you want.

3. --!!Do this part fast!!--
Delete all SONGS in old folder (NOT THE FOLDER, JUST THE SONGS),
and quickly transfer them back before you have to sync all songs again.

!!NOTE!!
All songs in my folder is categorized, by artist names now.
If i add more songs to folder, they will not categorize themself automatecly.

I am very surprised that the playlists were ever NOT in alphabetical order....this just seems like a nobrainer.  Expecting customers to scroll through their entire playlist colection for an artist or track just seems archaic.  Please move this feature to the top of the list of Spotify improvements.

Keep up the pressure, support this idea!

JUST SAY NO to automated automatic alphabetized sorting of ANYTHING.

If implemented, Spotify will break the existing ability to drag songs and playlists to the users desired order. 

Albums and tracks will be out of proper sequence within playlists.  My "The Doors" playlist will be sorted by "T" rather than "D"

Dragging works just fine.  LEAVE THIS FEATURE ALONE.  DON'T FIX SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T NEED FIXING. 

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.

LOL

Hey, Joe.

10 bucks says that if implemented, they'll break the functionality to drag tracks and playlists to the users desired order.

Rollo

You're on 🙂

Bookmarked.  😉

Breaking the drag and drop feature by implementing a alphabetical sort option is nonsense . MOG does it , Rdio probably does it to along with all the others . .

jimmypowder wrote:
Breaking the drag and drop feature by implementing a alphabetical sort option is nonsense.

Lets see, 4 posts, joined in June.  You apparently haven't been around long enough to see all the features that have been broken when implementing new ones.  And we're talking just the past 6 months or so.

definitely would like to see this implamented!

I would also really like to have the ability to sort my playlists alphabetically....    Please!

Not sure if someone posted this already, but there is a temporary solution:

Open spotify for desktop -> select a playlist -> sort by track name -> select all songs -> right click -> add to -> new playlist.

In the new playlist they will be in alphabetical order. You'll need to do this every once in a while to keep it updated, because when you add songs they will be at the bottom obviously.

I hope alphabetical sorting becomes officially implemented though. It is especially needed for mobile.

So far as I know, sorting playlists in alphabetical order on Mac's, iPads, and Androids is not possible despite the innumerable requests to "make it so". Requests have been in your comment queue for well over a year. Why does this feature take so long to install?

Suggested posts