Playlist in alphabetical order.

Solved!

Re: Playlist in alphabetical order.

calibeauty3

It looks like the request for enabling alphabetizing playlists has been requested for over a year. Will this happen any time soon?

sound-fx

The lack of this feature is really starting to annoy me now. I don't want a work around, not interested in that, I want the feature.

How difficult can it be?! ...and as for it breaking drag and drop, work around it.

I currently PAY for this and have done for a few years... Sony Music Unlimited is starting to tempt me.

Please sort it our Spotify.

Rollo_
Roadie

How many playlists do you have?

radiuz
Roadie
Come on Spotify! I'm surprised this feature havn't been implemented yet, what's the problem?

Rollo_
Roadie

@radiuz wrote:
Come on Spotify! I'm surprised this feature havn't been implemented yet, what's the problem?

By first name or last name?

radiuz
Roadie

I would prefer by first name or even better, let the user decide.

sweden_uk
Music Fan

I agree. You should be able to order the playlists /  artists as desired. Something like....

1. Sort by Firstname

2. Sort by Lastname

3. Sort by last played

4. Sort by times played (popularity)

5. Sort by last updated

Dragging and dropping does not make sense for the average user who has a lot of playlists.

Rollo_
Roadie
sweden_uk wrote:

1. Sort by Firstname
2. Sort by Lastname

OK, first word, last word.  What if you'd like some by Last Name and some by band's name?  If you suggest that I rename the playlists, sorry, when you create a new playlist in Spotify for a bunch of tracks by any given artist, and you look at the default playlist name you're given, now you've just introduced a NEW workaround, since the playlist is going to have to renamed.  Frequently.

3. Sort by last played
4. Sort by times played (popularity)
5. Sort by last updated

OK, that would be nice, not necessary, but useful for some I guess

Dragging and dropping does not make sense for the average user who has a lot of playlists.

What is average?  More than 500?  All of  my 500+ playlists, mostly Artist Discographies, have been dragged into proper alphabetical order and in genre folders and subfolders .  Band names by the band's name and solo artists by the surname.  It really doesn't take all that long.  Have you actually tried it?

Be careful what you wish for.  I 100% guarantee that whatever method were to be implemented, there will be a sizable percentage who's not going to be happy.  And a lot of "me too" posts in the forum when the complaint threads start.

And if in the process, they remove the present method that works is the most flexible requires no new coding, no new workaround, and that everyone is accustomed to....  And if you've been around Spotify for a year or more, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about.

sweden_uk wrote:

You should be able to order the playlists / artists as desired.

And the current system in place allows you to do exactly that.  Status quo.  Don't break it if it doesn't need fixing.

korene

Why is this such a difficult request? I find myself deleting playlists that I don't listen to as often just so my playlist is easier to navigate but I'd prefer not to have to do that! 

radiuz
Roadie

I`m wondering the same, one of the most basic functions and should be a given in my opinion. I can`t imagine the reason is because of technical difficulties but rather them refusing to add this function for some strange reason.

Can anyone from Spotify clarify why the difficulty?

SUGGESTED POSTS