Playlist in alphabetical order.

Solved!

Re: Playlist in alphabetical order.

Peter__
Community Legend
My guess is this is just a "low priority feature" in the eyes of Spotify.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

cohenfs
Roadie

I have over 2000 playlists based on albums, genres, longer, shorter, artists, themes, etc. On my phone, I can sort playlists by alphabetical order and I can filter them by keyword. Why not provide the option of "sort" and "filter" for playlists on the PC? You have a right to not use the option, but why defend Spotify's decision to not provide an option on the PC that is provided on the mobile version? How does that help you? How does having the choice to sort and filter playlists hurt you? There are thousands of posters on this website begging for these options.

cohenfs
Roadie

Exactly!

cohenfs
Roadie

No, that is not what the user is talking about. The person is talking about being able to "Sort" and "Filter" playlists just as you can on the mobile phone version (well, for Android anyway).

Re: Please get this done!

cohenfs
Roadie

No one here wants it to be automatic. It would be a "choice."

radiuz
Roadie

I didn`t know there was an option to sort & filter on the android mobile version, makes you wonder why they have an sort/filter option on the mobile version but not on PC/MAC and iOS mobile versions..

I think it`s time for Spotify to comment on this and give the users an explanation.

Solution!

ryantcarter
Music Fan

Hi Guys, I know this is an old one but I've written a script that sorts playlists alphabetically.

It's available here:

http://crtr.co.uk/sortify/

View solution in original post

radiuz
Roadie

Nice!

Do i need to save the files that are in the folder(s) on my computer after running the exe file?

And, do i have to run the exe file everytime i want to use the sort function?

Thanks.

ryantcarter
Music Fan

Hi Radiuz,

Extract all of the files into a folder, there's a readme inside there which gives you all of the instructions. Run it everytime you want to sort or you can set it up to run automatically through windows if you've got the know how.

radiuz
Roadie

Hi ryantcarter,

I followed the steps in the readme file and when i try to run the exe file i get this error message:

"it is not possible to start the program because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Check the event log or command tool Sxstrace.exe for more information."

Any idea what is wrong?

SUGGESTED POSTS