Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Macbook Pro late 2016

Operating System

OSX

My Question or Issue

So I already know that for some bizarre reason, you cannot order your playlists alphabetially.  This is beyond baffling as to why, but I want to ask how people quickly find a playlist they may have made a couple of years ago, but is just somewhere in your 300 playlists.  Tips would be appreciated.  Getting Spotify to allow me to order playlists alphateically would be even better!!

5 Replies

Hi there!

This sounds like a good idea. I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange. Unfortunately for now the only way is to use search to reach that playlist.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Yeah, searching is clumsy because it shows all manner of results which you then have to search through to find your own playlist, if it shows up at all.

I checked the Community link you suggest, but I can't see any option there to post a suggestion.  If it's there, it's well hidden.

Hey @Foureyes44,

Here's the link to start right away on posting your idea 🙂

If you know the name of the playlist you're looking for and type it in it will show up otherwise you'll have to look in the Playlists section of the Search results. 

Thanks!

Thanks for the link.  I have posted there.  Typing the name of a playlist will find it, but it shows up amongst a whole bunch of other stuff, so it's klunky to find.

@Foureyes44, I use nested folders to organize my playlists. It takes a little while to get everything organized for the first time, but once you do it, it's totally worth the time because you know exactly where everything is (assuming your organization structure is on par)!

Suggested posts