Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist radio -- change playlist, does the station change?

Playlist radio -- change playlist, does the station change?

Hi all.

I was wondering, if I start radio from a playlist, and I change the playlist, does the station change?  Or does it read the playlist once when the station is created, and then remain static?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies

Hi,

I think it only read the playlist once when the station is created and later I will look at your like/ dislike behavior 🙂

Dont foget to KUDOS if you think this post helpful 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Thanks for replying.  I've seen other people make the same assertion here.  I'm wondering if any Spotify staff read this. (For example, I noticed that a Spotify staff member responded to a post explaining that playlist radio only reads the first ~250 tracks in a playlist.)

I tried adding some tracks to the playlist from which I started the radio station, but it takes HOURS to know what direction a radio station is going.  I supposed I could just add tracks, delete and recreate the station, but that would lose my likes.

bump

Bump: Definitely doesn' work.

I made a playlist with one Rolling Stones song (Sweet Virigina).  Radio generated Stones, Allman Brothers, etc.

Changed that song to a different RS song (Some Girls).  Radio generated the exact same playlist as before.

Changed the song to a Weather Report song (Birdland). Radio generated the exact same playlist as before!

Added several more Weather Report albums. Radio generated the exact same playlist as before!

Really not how this should work.

Suggested posts