Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)

Operating System

macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

My Question or Issue

I just updated to the newest version of the Spotify Desktop app. First of all, I really like the Discovered On function on every artist page. This is such a great feature, thank you for that!

Anyway, as always, on the desktop app, all my saved playlist can be seen in the left side of the screen. However, when I give a single click on a random playlist, it activates. I often go to playlists to see if they have been updated or to update them. Not necessarily to play them. If I wanted to, I would press play. Now my Spotify changes song whenever I click on a playlist.

Most of my playlists are in a folder and when I click the folder, the first playlist starts. I don't double-click, I only give a single click and yet the playlist erupts. Cleaning up ones library becomes a real headache.

This is only an issue on Desktop, not when I use Spotify in the browser.

1 Reply

Hey @supermoodyman,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Could you please make sure that the mouse is not configurated to do register a single click as a double one? If that doesn't do the trick, let us know if this issue persists once you've performed a clean reinstall on the affected device. We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts